TWENTY-EIGHT

"Carly , I really need your help." Paxton said to the girl.

"Should I be concerned?" Carly asked the boy, her eyes narrowing, very confused.

"No but um... I need you."

"Huh."

"I mean what I'm trying to say is fuck can you tutor me please." Paxton finally said.

"You were struggling." Carly chuckled at the boy.

"Shut up." Paxton smiled. "So?"

Carly nodded. "Sure why not. It's not like I have anything else to do. Besides I don't have to worry about UCLA scouts anymore because I'm guaranteed a spot as long as I keep my grades and batting average up which shouldn't be too hard."

"You got UCLA?"

"Am I technically in UCLA? Yeah?"

"OMG that's awesome Carls." Paxton said, picking up the girl and spinning her around, catching some stares from the people in the hallway. He put down the girl and they both stared at each other. Paxton was leaning in and Carly was too but it didn't go anywhere because the bell rang.

Nice fucking timing, Paxton thought. 

Carly heard the boy cursing under his breath. "Meet you at your car later? Lily drove me to school today. My car needed an oil change."

Paxton nodded, slightly upset a moment that they haven't had anymore could have happened but didn't happen because of the stupid bell. "Yeah. See you later."