TWENTY-FOUR

"Did you hear?" Lily asked the girl as they were at her locker.

"Hear what?"

"The new girl Aneesa is ano."

"Ano?" Carly asked.

"Anoxious."

"What? Where did you hear that from?"

"Eddie told me."

"Well even if she is we shouldn't be so concerned about it. It's her business and she probably doesn't want everyone to know about it." Carly hated when rumors like this start. People should really get a life and focus on themselves instead of other people. 

"Yeah. I feel bad for the girl." Lily agreed with her friend as they walked down the hallway. "So are we gonna talk about you and Paxton?"

"What about me and Paxton?"

"Please don't deny it Carly." Lily said. "You know you never told us about what happened with you two."

Carly shrugged. "We broke up because he never really put me first. It was always swimming, Trent, Marcus, Devi. Never me. So I guess I realized that I'm worth more than just being somone's second choice."

"And now?"

"We're just friends Lils. Nothing to worry about."

"You say that but I will worry all I want. You're my best friend and your happiness is what keeps me going these days. But I swear to fucking God if Paxton pulls the same shit again I'm gonna beat him up."

"That's a fight I would pay to see."

"Hey I've been taking a few boxing class alright." Lily defended herself. 

"Really?"

Lily nodded. "Uh yeah my anger used to be let out through sex but ever since Eddie's mom caught Eddie and I and you know how his mom is if she knew we were doing it in his room, that's just an agreement I know I can't win so gotta do something to let everything out."

"Ok too much information but good for you Lils."

"You should join me sometime. Get out whatever aggression you got in there."

Carly nodded. "I'll think about it."