➳ 62: a bird in a gilded cage

A few hours had passed since Damon came home from the rave and he sat in the living room, waiting for Stefan or Efah to come home. He stared intensely at the door, looking stressed and annoyed. A motorcycle engine was heard nearby before the front door opened and Stefan nonchalantly strolled in.

“How was the rave?” The older brother questioned, narrowing his eyes into a glare.

“Oh, you know, loud, lame, rave-like.” Stefan replied with an amused smirk and his hands shoved into his jacket pockets.

“Anything I should know, or anything you’d like to talk about, bro-to-bro?” Damon asked in a passive-aggressive manner.

Stefan ignored the questioned and raised an eyebrow. “Where do we keep our weapons?”

Damon shot him a confused look and shifted in his seat. “Pardon?”

“Crossbows, vervain grenades, all that hunter crap Jeremy was into?” Stefan asked then snapped his fingers in realization. “Ah! Yes! The throne.” He walked over to a chair and opened a hidden compartment full of weapons underneath the seat then packed some weapons into a bag. “You should see my throne in Hell. So much better than this one. Gold---”

Damon sped over to Stefan and tried to inject him with vervain but Stefan caught his hand before he could.

Stefan looked down at the syringe and chuckled darkly. “Efah told on me. Shocker.” He remarked sarcastically.

“No. Elena. Listen… Not a good time for a humanity flip, brother.” Damon pointed out sternly, tilting his head to the side.

Stefan broke Damon’s hand under his grip causing him to drop the vervain syringe to the ground. “Do yourself a favor. Stay out of my way today.” Stefan warned fiercely and pushed him away. “Oh, and when you see my wife, tell her I need to speak to her.” He requested on the way out of the house, closing the door behind him.

Damon snapped his hand back into place and listened in to Stefan drive away on his motorcycle then threw a vase to the ground in frustration, shattering it into a million pieces. Sensing someone behind him, he spun around to meet a pair of familiar mismatched green and white eyes. “Please tell me you have a plan.”

Efah, still wearing her outfit from the rave, scoffed in offense while walking around the mess to take a seat on the chair. “Of course I do.” She admitted then continued on when Damon shot her a look of impatience. “I’ll take him to Hell for a few hours. He can’t hurt anyone down there. Naturally work through his shit and when he’s ready to flip it back on, I’ll bring him back to Earth. Simple.”

It seemed like he wanted to argue but couldn’t find anything logically wrong with her plan. He had his mouth held open as if he was going to speak but no words fell past his lips.

Efah chuckled smugly and threw her arm over the back of the arm chair. “Much better than anything you’d come up with. Especially the way you idiots work.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He questioned in vexation.

“You guys always push too far. You’d think you’d learn a lesson by now. Every time you push a humanity-free vampire, they just end up doing what you were trying to prevent them from doing.” She remarked pointedly with an eye roll. “With my plan, Stefan gets space and doesn’t kill anyone. Plus it’ll give you the room to work through Caroline’s shit.”