➳ 63: i never could love like that

STEFAN landed flat on his back against the marble floor of Hell’s throne room. He groaned in pain from the impact and rolled over onto his side. His vision settled after a moment and focused on Efah, who was sitting on her throne with a cold expression.

He laughed mockingly with realization as he pulled himself up off the ground. “This was your plan the whole time. Rile me up, wait for me to be vulnerable then kidnap me.” He commented knowingly with a nod and rested his hands on his hips. “You never were gonna sleep with Enzo, were you?”

“Oh God, no.” Efah replied in disgust, placing a hand on her chest and grimacing. “I just knew out of all my choices, he’d be the one to piss you off the most and used it to my advantage.”

“You played me. You lied to me.” Stefan sneered out in annoyance then nodded his head slowly. “Consider me impressed. Damon and Elena would never do something this flawless.”

“That’s because they didn’t. I did.” She commented smugly and smirked down at him. “I’m sure you’re wondering what’s next. You’ll be staying here with Lucifer while I go back to Earth to handle a few things. It’s obviously the intention that you just get bored and turn your humanity back on but if you don’t, that’s fine. We have other measures we’ll be taking. So settle in, Stefan.” Efah advised while standing to her feet and walking down the stairs toward him. Stopping right in front of him, she reached up to cup his cheek with her hand with a taunting smile. “This is gonna be a long couple years for you, darling.”

His eyes followed her figure as she strolled toward the door before calling out to her. “How do you know I won’t hate you for this?”

Efah stopped in place, smiling to herself for a moment, and looked over her shoulder at him with a blank facial expression. “I’m not too concerned about it honestly. Have fun.” She wished in a sing-song voice and waved at him prior to disappearing from his view complete.

Stefan’s face fell into anger once she was gone and let out a deep sigh, not pleased about being shoved into Hell with his overly chipper brother-in-law.

Lucifer entered the room, bearing a wide grin, and rubbed his hands together. “What would you like to do first?”

Damon and Elena sat down at the kitchen table of the Boarding house, joining Lily for breakfast. Elena looked impressed at the spread and her doe brown eyes widened. “Wow!”

Lily lowered herself in the seat across from the couple with an affectionate smile. “This was always Damon’s favorite—“Eggie in baskie.”

Damon hesitantly took a bite of his sandwich, unsure how to feel about his mother quite yet. “Doesn’t taste like I remember.” He commented while wiping his mouth with a napkin.

“Well, you were human the last time you tasted it! Our tastes change over time.” Lily explained earning a gruff hum from him. She turned toward the doppelgänger, making conversation with her son’s girlfriend. “But, Elena, you’re fairly new at this, aren’t you?”

Elena tilted her head side to side and cast her gaze down to the plate in front of her. “I turned a few years ago.”

“You ever miss it? Being human?” The Salvatore mother questioned curiously and Damon shot her a disapproving look.

Elena shrugged, trying to find an answer that wouldn’t be awkward or depressing. “Sometimes.” She didn’t want to admit that it was more often than not that she imagined being human again.