➳ 36: rescue me

EFAH and Enzo were sitting across from one another in a small diner in Atlanta. She was shoveling a forkful of eggs into her mouth, ignoring Enzo, as he tried to do anything to get her attention. He kept kicking her under the table, calling her name, making fun of her eye, and throwing sugar packets at her but she continued to remain unfazed. Considering Efah was from Hell and her brothers were all archangels, she had an immense amount of patience for childishness especially when it came to Lucifer.

Her phone started buzzing on the table but before she could pick it up, Enzo slid it away from her. She looked up from her plate with a glare him as he placed the phone to his ear, answering it. "Atlanta assassination squad. How may we be of service?"

"I take it you haven't located the doppelgänger yet?" Sloan questioned impatiently from the other end.

"You told us to find a nameless paramedic at the scene of a car accident in a city of freeways, fried green tomatoes, and terrible drivers." Enzo laughed humorlessly and tapped his fingers against the table. "It's not exactly as easy as it sounds."

"Which is why I'm calling." Sloan remarked then gave him a new piece of information. "The doppelgänger's name is Tom Avery. And I just saw him deliver a patient to Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital."

Efah set her fork down causing a loud clank to echo through the restaurant and held a finger up. "Hold up." She motioned for him to pass the phone to her while speaking through a mouthful. "Here. Give me." Reaching across the table and holding her hand out to him. Enzo gave the phone over and the archangel raised it to her ear. "Need I remind you we had a deal. I find the doppelgänger---"

"Tom." Sloan corrected bluntly, interrupting her.

"I don't fucking care. I send him to the city of clouds and you keep your hands off Stefan." Efah spoke in a slow, cold tone of voice. "Every time you link the two, you are frying Stefan's brain---"

"I don't give a damn about his brain." Sloan scoffed carelessly. "It's his blood that matters."

"Well here's the kicker, I do. I fucking care. Shocker." Efah mused sarcastically and poked at her food with the edge of the the fork. "So at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll repeat myself. Should Stefan come to harm or his memories be erased, I will fucking kill you." She threatened in a patronizingly sweet tone.

"Until Stefan and Elena are the last two doppelgängers on Earth, their blood is useless to me." Sloan continued on, ignoring the threat on her life, and Enzo pinched the bridge of his nose as Efah ran her tongue along the corner of her mouth. "So you better believe I'll give Stefan a back alley lobotomy if you fail to kill Tom Avery."

Efah laughed humorlessly while watching the cars pass them by through the window. "I don't fail. Ever. So touch him again and I will eat you." She snarled out in a demonic voice before hanging up the phone and tossing it back onto the plastic table.

As she returned to her plate of food, Enzo chuckled in amusement and raised his mug up to take a sip. "I will eat you? Don't you think that loses its weight?"

Efah looked up at him, her green eye replaced by a pitch black one with grotesque black veins wriggling around under her skin. "You want to be next?" She questioned curiously to which he shook his head with an almost terrified look. "Good. Now shut the fuck up."