➳ 55: til death

EFAH was sleeping in bed, lying flat on her stomach with her right leg bent up and an arm wrapped under the pillow. The world around her was quiet and peaceful as the room filled with the sound of her shallow breathing.

The door creaked open and footsteps echoed toward her but she still didn't stir. The visitor then popped a confetti gun, blowing shreds of glittery, gold paper falling around them in a light shower. They kicked their dress shoes off and climbed up into the bed, stomping along the mattresses and cheering at the top of their lungs. "HAPPY WEDDING DAY, SISTER!"

Efah groaned in aggravation and pulled the pillow over her head. "Fuck off, Lucifer. It's far too early for this shit."

Lucifer was jumping up and down on the bed causing Efah's body to bounce along with him. "It's not too early. We must get started on your hair and makeup. Did you even read my itinerary?"

"No." She grumbled, rolling onto her back to glare up at him. "Are you gonna clean this up?"

"No." He responded bluntly and pulled the covers away from her hands. "Now get up. Your cosmetologist will be here in twenty minutes. The breakfast buffet I ordered will be here in five. Come on, Efah. It's your big day! Be more enthusiastic."

"Oh, believe me, I'm enthusiastic." She defended herself, throwing the blankets off of her body and climbing out of bed. "Doesn't mean I want to be woken up by a damn circus." She remarked on her way toward the bathroom. "Give me a sec."

"Wait." Lucifer called out to her while sliding off the bed and holding his hand out to her. "Give me your phone."

"What?" The bride questioned in confusion.

"You're not about to text Stefan or Damon. None of it. Give me your phone." He ordered sternly, motioning for her to do as he said.

Lucifer had made them sleep separate from one another after the rehearsal dinner the night prior. The engaged couple was forced to stay in separate hotels a few blocks from each other.

Rolling her eye, Efah handed her phone over then made the trip to the bathroom again.

"Love you!" He cooed with an amused smirk and chuckled when she mumbled profanities under her breath.

Minutes later, Efah was sitting in the vanity chair with curlers in her brunette hair and eating a piece of bacon. Draped around her body was a black, silk robe with the word Bride bedazzled on the back in gold gems.

Lucifer, wearing an entirely black tuxedo, was pacing the floor across the room, speaking on the phone with the many vendors he hired for the event. He was using a hushed tone so Efah couldn't hear what he was saying but she was too busy enjoying her breakfast to care.

Her eye snapped up when the door opened, watching Raphael and Gabriel walk into the room. She beamed happily at them as they approached her, placing affectionate kisses of greeting on her cheek.

Lucifer, realizing that their family was starting to arrive, hung up the call and strolled across the room toward them. "Good. You're here. Now why aren't you dressed and where are the others?" He questioned them then turned toward Efah when he noticed she still had curlers in her hair and no makeup on her face. "Why aren't you done yet? Do I have to do everything around here?"