➳ 20: she's come undone

"SHE'S the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen. I remember when you starved me down there for three days. I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel." Damon sneered in aggravation while making himself a drink at the bar in the parlor.

"Because you're pathetic." Efah dully replied from her spot on the couch, licking her finger and flipping the page of the book she had been reading. Damon narrowed his icy blue eyes, glaring at her in annoyance.

"Look, she's not gonna beg for blood. Begging means desperation, emotion. She's still in no-humanity zone." Stefan explained knowingly, shrugging his shoulders with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?" Damon asked in irritation.

"A lot hungrier than she is now, apparently." Stefan replied, flattening his lips and shaking his head. He then reached out and took a glass from him, sipping on his drink.

"So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" The older brother asked stressfully and glanced between the two.

"Maybe I can provide a little excitement." An all too familiar feminine voice offered from behind Stefan.

Stefan turned around to meet them and looked at her in confusion. "Katherine?"

Katherine smirked smugly and swayed back and forth on her feet. "The one and only...sort of." She corrected, scrunching up her face and glancing around.

"How does it feel to know that you're not in any way remarkable or unique?" Efah questioned in snarky curiosity and raised an eyebrow.

Katherine's smile fell and she scowled at the archangel before clearing her throat and moving to change the subject. "So, when's the Welcome Home party?" She asked as she pushed past them toward the bar and began pouring herself a drink.

Damon watched her storm past him and mused bitterly. "Wow, look who went and got bold. Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise."

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone." She replied smugly and walked toward the door again with a drink in her hand.

"Nik is gone?" Efah asked in surprise and closed her book. She frowned in sadness then scoffed in anger. "The dick didn't say goodbye to me." She grumbled in offense and removed her phone from her pocket, typing on the keypad. You're a tool -E

Stefan glanced at her then turned back to Katherine in confusion. "Wait, what do you mean he's gone?"

"Let's just say that werewolf girl, Hayley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives-- for good." Katherine vaguely explained with a proud smirk.

Efah's phone buzzed and she looked to see a new text message from Klaus. The two exchanged in a conversation and this is how it went:

Enlighten me on how I'm a tool, love? -K

You left without saying goodbye. That's rude and unfair. Where'd you even fucking go? -E

New Orleans. Have a problem with a witch. Should be back in no time. - K