➳ 23: i know what you did last summer

IT had been three months since Efah was left behind on that bus stop and had returned to Hell. Time in Hell was different compared to the time on Earth and Heaven. In Heaven, time moved slower while in Hell, it moved faster. Three months on Earth would be three days in Heaven and three thousand years in Hell.

To Efah, it had been three thousand years since she had her heart broken on that bus bench outside of Mystic Falls. The wound seemed to heal slowly on its own and she buried herself into being Queen and did her best not to think of the vampire that abandoned her after she finally choose to open up to him. That felt almost like a slap in the face.

Here Efah was, sitting on her large, golden throne with the family crown perched on top of her head. It was black with the base made of thorned rose stems and the spikes were as sharp as small daggers. She had her left leg crossed over her right and tapped her left foot along with a tune she hummed to herself.

The hundred foot tall, intricate French doors slowly opened, creaking with the motion, and the sound of footsteps echoed the large hall as someone approached her. She tapped her long, black painted fingernails against the gold armrest of the throne and peered down at her visitor. "I didn't expect to see you here any time soon."

"Well, sister, I have news." Lucifer informed her while walking up the steps toward the platform where the throne sat. He bowed his head and knelt down on front of her. Standing to his feet, he noticed her impatient face and got to the point. "Silas is in Mystic Falls."

"No shit." She spat out with an eye roll and leaned back on her throne. "He's at the bottom of the quarry."

He shot her an annoyed expression but continued on regardless of her attitude. "Listen for once." He requested and stood right in front of her. "That's what I'm trying to tell you. He's not at the bottom of the quarry. That might explain why Stefan--"

"Don't say his name." Efah whispered sadly and shook her head. "Please." Her voice broke as she gulped back her tears, those vibrant green eyes glistening against the dim lights from the candelabras surrounding them.

"Okay." He agreed and looked at her in concern but didn't say anything more about the youngest Salvatore. "If Silas is in Mystic Falls, we need to go back."

"No." Efah curtly rejected his idea. "I won't go back there."

Lucifer thought of how to word what he wanted to say and pointed a finger in her direction. "Efah, I have sympathized with your heartbreak but you need to be realistic. If Silas is roaming around Mystic Falls then Stefan didn't throw him the quarry. Stefan didn't abandon you. Something had to have happened to him. Just come with me to Mystic Falls and I'll prove it to you. If I'm wrong... I'll never stop apologizing for it."

"All I've done for six billion years is listen to you." She snarled furiously and stood to her feet, narrowing her eyes into a glare. "And all it's done is hurt me. Repeatedly. Just admit you were wrong."

"I'm never wrong." Lucifer arrogantly defended himself earning a harsh scoff from his only sister. "Efah, please." He pleaded and brought his hands together in a prayer motion. He pouted his lower lip out slightly and tried his best to give her puppy dog eyes. When it was apparent she wasn't going to give in, he dropped his arms to his sides with a heavy sigh. "We're going. End of story." He commanded sternly and turned his back to walk down the steps.

"I'm sorry but which one of us is the reigning monarch?" She questioned incredulously and followed after him. "You may be older but I am Queen. You don't make orders. I do. Unless you're willing--"