➳ 51: plan accordingly

THE morning following their engagement, Efah stumbled out of their bedroom wearing Stefan's shirt and a pair of his boxers. She rubbed at her good eye with her fingertips as she made her way into the kitchen. Turning on the coffee maker, she started to prepare the filter to brew the coffee beans into the dark, rich liquid she had grown addicted to.

When she spun around to grab a mug, she jumped at something. It startled her enough that she placed a hand over her thumping heart. "Jesus..." She breathed out while glaring angrily and scolded it. "Lucifer! What are you doing here?! It's... seven in the morning? What the fuck? How'd you even get in here?"

"Stefan gave me a key." The Devil replied simply with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. He was sitting at the dining table with two large bindings sitting in front of him and his hands folded together. "We have much to discuss, sister."

Stefan, having heard her sudden gasp, rushed out from the bedroom and entered the kitchen, looking around in concern. He paused in place upon noticing Lucifer waiting for them and threw his head back with a heavy sigh.

Lucifer chuckled at their reactions and folded open the black binder to the first page. "I believe congratulations are in order." He commented in pure happiness while pulling a basket up off the floor and setting it on the table.

It was a woven basket full of mini cupcakes, a bottle of expensive champagne, bottles of lubricant, various sex toys, and a hand written card that said "Fucking finally!".

Stefan ran a hand down his face at the gift his future brother-in-law decided to bestow on them. Efah raised an eyebrow at it at first then smirked deviously at the ideas that ran through her head. She held a finger up at Lucifer and pursed her lips. "We haven't told anyone yet. It's barely been twelve hours. So how'd you find out?" Efah questioned him in suspicion, raising an eyebrow at her brother.

"I have my ways, sister." Lucifer replied cryptically then motioned for them to join him at the table. "Sit. We have a lot to go over and very little time. I'm on a tight schedule." The couple spared a glance at one another before doing what he said and taking their seats beside him. Taking a deep breath, Lucifer placed a hand on the laminated page in front of him. "I've gathered you here to talk about a few things."

"You didn't gather us. We live here and you broke in." Efah commented with a face of incredulity.

"Shut up, Selaphiel. I'm speaking. I've already planned your entire wedding so that neither of you have to life a finger. I'm amazing, I know. You can thank me later." He smugly praised himself while Efah and Stefan gaped at him in disbelief. "In order for Hades and Persephone to attend together, the ceremony must take place before spring. I've set the date for January thirty-first and save the dates have been mailed as of five this morning."

"Lucifer... That's two months away." Efah pointed out in astonishment, her eyes wide with the news.

"Yes and like I said; everything's already done. I'll give you the guest list later so you can overlook the attendees. Although, I can't see you objecting to any of them. What's left is music choices, bridal parties, registry, and who's ordaining you. The simple stuff. All you have to do, Efah, is pick a dress. Shouldn't be too hard." He pointed a finger at her then swivled over to Stefan. "You, on the other hand, have much to do."

"What?" Stefan questioned in perplexity, and slight fear.

"Once married, Stefan becomes Grand Duke of Hell." Lucifer answered in a pointed tone. "Because of that, Father has extended this to you." He said while undoing the clips of the binder and sliding a paper over to Efah.