➳ 21: the walking dead

SUNLIGHT flooded Stefan's room through the large window and bathed the pair sleeping in the bed in it's warm, golden rays. Stefan rolled over in the bed and paused when his arm made contact with the person beside him. He froze in place and slowly opened his eyes. He saw a head full of brunette hair as his mind wandered back to the night prior. Efah had admitted to having feelings for him which he obviously returned.

The vampire grinned groggily in bliss and wrapped his arm around her waist. He placed the palm of his hand on the back of hers and intertwined their fingers, pulling her close to his body. Pressing his chest up against her back and placing soft kisses along her bare shoulder.

She hummed happily in her sleep and snuggled closer to him, enjoying the warmth of his body heat and the comfort his presence brought her. She subconsciously pulled him closer while Stefan chuckled huskily against her skin. Goosebumps rose across her shoulder from his touch. Reaching a hand over, he began to softly stroke her hair and closed his leafy green eyes.

Efah began to stir, mumbling quietly beside him as she woke from her dream. She noticed his hand over hers and felt him pressed up behind her which sent a groggy smile across her lips. She pulled their hands toward her face and kissed his rough knuckles. She let go of his hand and reached behind her, caressing his cheek. Leaning her head back to try and take a glimpse of his face, the archangel mused happily and ran her fingertips along his cheek. "I could get used to this."

"Yeah?" Stefan inquired with a smile and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Yeah." She replied quietly in contentment and rolled over onto her back causing him to hover over her.

Stefan gazed down at the woman beneath him and ran the back of his fingers along the length of her arm. He bent his head down, his lips almost touching hers. He was going to kiss her until he got a sudden idea and smirked mischievously. Not moving from his spot, the vampire whispered against her lips in a taunting voice. "Last one to the shower is a rotten egg." He challenged and quickly pushed the covers off before she even registered what was going on. Running at human speed toward the bathroom, he laughed at her stunned facial expression.

Frantically ripped the sheets off her body, Efah ran along the mattress and jumped on top of his bare back. Stefan grunted by the sudden impact but he gripped tightly onto her thighs and jogged to the bathroom on the tips of his toes. The sound of their laughter melded together in harmony as they enjoyed each other's company.

Later on in the morning, Stefan was helping Elena through her anger by working out. He held up a cinder block and Elena punched through it, breaking it to pieces. "And?" He asked hopefully.

Elena shrugged and spoke dully. "That did nothing for me. How was it for you?"

"Hm. Okay." Stefan chuckled and picked up another cinder block. "Again." He encouraged, holding it up for her.

Elena backed away from him and kicked the block, using her sped to cleanly break it in half.

"Good." Stefan praised with a smile. "Now, focus on letting it go."

"Or we could skip the sublimating part, and you can tell me where she is so that I can rip her head off." Elena snarled furiously.

"I don't know where Katherine is and, even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." He responded honestly and smiled sarcastically.