➳ 30: 500 years of solitude

EFAH walked out of Stefan's bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body to find Katherine sleeping Stefan's bed and a stressed Stefan sitting in a chair next to her. The archangel held a finger up with one hand and made sure the towel wouldn't fall with the other. "Uh, what's going on?"

Stefan quickly stood up to his feet and walked over to her. "Hey, I didn't hear you get out." He greeted fondly and grabbed ahold of her free hand.

"Do you want to tell me why Katherine is dying in our---your bed?" She quickly corrected herself and tried to play it off like it hadn't been said. The two had recently gotten together and while they were used to sharing rooms quite frequently, they never referred to anything as being owned by both of them. It was always yours or mine never ours.

"She needed a comfortable place to... die." Stefan answered slowly, sensing the awkwardness of the conversation while taking note that Efah referred to the bed as ours.

Efah tensed slightly before rolling her right eye with a shake of her head. She knew Stefan was always in the business of helping people but him doing an act like that for Katherine felt more personal, like he was trying to get closure. She turned around to walk away but he grabbed her arm and gently pulled her in front of him. "Hey. Hey, hey. What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing." She partially lied and cleared her throat as she fixed the towel around her chest. Efah had suspicions that some feelings may had rekindled between the two, that's all Katherine's wanted with Stefan the whole time, but she didn't want to be one of those people. The type of person that would be control freak and constantly jealous of any other female who came in contact with him. She refused to allow herself to stoop that low.

Stefan narrowed his eyes at her, not entirely believing her. "Wait... are you jealous?" He asked in shock as a smile tugged its way at the corners of his mouth.

"What the hell? Where did this come from? I think you're letting it get to your head." Efah tried to turn it around on him and scoffed loudly in rejection. "No, I'm not. I was just curious as to why she was here. That's all." She defended herself with a nonchalant shrug and her best fake smile.

"Just tell me the truth." He requested softly and walked closer but with every step he took toward her, she took one backward until they both were in the bathroom and closed the door behind them. "Come on." He coaxed in a whisper and didn't stop following her until her back smacked up against the wall.

"What are you doing?" Efah questioned him when he pressed his body to hers, trapping her in the corner.

"Nothing." He mumbled seductively and placed his lips close to her ear. "Just admit that you're jealous and I'll let you go." Stefan whispered seductively and grazed his teeth along the sensitive skin of her earlobe.

Efah steadied the pleasured gasp that almost past her lips and bit her lip to keep from letting him know how much she was enjoying that moment. "Oh, so I'm your hostage now?" She questioned as Stefan's lips left her ear and traveled down the side of her neck causing a soft moan to vibrate through her chest involuntarily.

Stefan's large hand rested on the curve of her waist and Efah felt her grip slowly loosen around the towel.

"If you're jealous, just admit it. You have no reason to be." He mused in the crook of her neck and ran his hand up along her side. "I'm in love with you and I am all yours." He whispered while pushing his hand up her inner thigh, under the towel. "Only yours."