➳ 28: reliving the rebellion

DAMON walked into Stefan's room without knocking again to wake Efah up. He threw the door open loudly and raised his voice. "Rise and shine, Efs!"

Groaning, she rolled over onto her stomach and covered her head with the pillow. "Go away, moron."

"Can't." He rejected dully with a flat lipped smile while walking over and pulling the pillow away. "There's three guys at the door for you."

Her body stiffened and her eyes moved side to side before narrowing. She pushed off the bed and sat up quickly. "What did they look like?" She questioned in a dark tone of voice, glaring at the wall in front of her.

Shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly and brushing it off as meaningless information, he mumbled out a simple. "I dunno. They all had dark hair. Two were tall, the other short. The tallest one was white and I think the shortest one was Hispanic."

Efah felt her blood run cold, her heart dropped down into her stomach, and tears involuntarily welled in her eyes. "No... no... no, no." She whispered almost inaudible but it was loud enough for Damon to hear.

"What?" He asked in confusion, not understanding her mood change.

"You just met my brothers." She replied quietly and stressfully ran her hands across her cheeks.

Damon's eyes widened in surprise as he began to panic. "Lucifer said they wouldn't be here for weeks."

"Yeah..." She breathed out in terror and slid off the bed. Her legs buckled underneath her for a second, almost like jello, and she set a hand on the bed to stabilize herself. "Okay. Time to face the music." She disappeared in front of him then reappeared a second later wearing different clothes than usual. Efah traded her stilettos for boots, dress pants for old jeans, and the formal blouse for an old tee shirt.

Walking out of the room, with Damon following her lead, the archangel didn't stop until she reached the front door. Opening the door, three men entered her view.

The tallest one stood at the front, obviously playing the role as the leader. He had short brown hair, green eyes, and clean shaven. He was wearing a tan tailored suit with a blue tie and dress shoes. He easily towered over both Efah and Damon, standing at about six foot one. This was Michael.

The second stood to Michael's right, shorter than him but not by much. He had black, curly hair, dark brown eyes, and a stubble littering across his face. Dressed in a full black suit with a black tie, and a red pocket square. Unlike Michael, Efah, and Lucifer, he had a darker complexion while still inheriting the high cheek bones the others had. This was Gabriel.

Her third brother stood to the left and was shorter than the rest even Damon. He had black hair that had been shaven down to almost a skin length. Dark brown eyes like Gabriel and Lucifer and a grown beard and mustache gracing his facial features, which compared to their siblings were kinder and friendly. Unlike his brothers, he was wearing a suit with no tie and loafers instead of dress shoes. He was darker than Efah but cooler than Gabriel's, more coppery in tone. This was Raphael.

Michael smirked down at his only sister, her presence sparking the resentment inside of him again. He folded his hands and chuckled at the man behind her. "Hello, sister. My my, you've found yourself quite the town to settle in. Very small. Quaint." He taunted her then pointed a finger at the vampire. "Is this your friend?"