➳ 66: i'll wed you in the golden summertime

JO, Elena, Efah and Bonnie were preparing for Jo and Alaric’s wedding in one of the studies of the Boarding house. Jo rushed around the room, searching for something. “Crap. They’re not here.”

“What’s wrong?” Elena asked in concern as she filled her glass with champagne.

“My shoes! My gorgeous, ridiculously expensive, wear-them-once-and-then-never-again shoes. They are missing.” Jo stressfully explained, panic written all over her face.

“Do you want me to do a locator spell?” Bonnie asked curiously from across the room.

“On my shoes?” Jo asked for clarification and furrowed her eyebrows.

“Mm-hmmm.” The witch hummed with a nod of her head.

“Is that possible?” The bride questioned in confusion.

“Probably not.” Efah mumbled dully from her spot on the couch, tipping back her flute to finish the champagne.

“I don’t know, actually.” The witch admitted then stopped to fiddle with something. “Just hang on, I got to figure out how to work this stupid thing.” She was helplessly trying to get the garment steamer to turn on and accidentally pulled the hose out.

“Oh, good, break it! Because my wrinkled dress will surely distract everyone from my bare feet.” She commented in frustrated sarcasm.

Elena tried calm Jo down before she ended up having an aneurysm over everything going wrong. “Hey, hey. Come on. Don’t waste all your panic now! You still have eight hours until the ceremony.” She offered her a glass with a sheepish smile. “Non-alcoholic mimosa?”

“One, a non-alcoholic mimosa is just an orange juice.” Jo pointed out snarkily. “And two, I can’t drink. Somebody should drink. You should drink.”

“I’ll drink.” Efah immediately offered and threw her hand up in the air. “I’ve already had six.”

“Glasses?” Bonnie asked incredulously.

“No. Bottles.” Efah scoffed in offense. “What do you take me for, Bon?”

“An alcoholic.” Bonnie joked with a wide smile causing Efah to wink over at her.

“I will drink, eventually. But, I have human tolerance now, which is cheaper but a lot less fun.” Elena laughed humorlessly and clinked her glass against Jo’s. “Cheers.”

Jo’s cell phone suddenly rang while she was mid-gulp and Elena lunged for it to answer it for her before she could move. “Oh. Oh! Relax. Jo’s phone. Oh, huh. Okay.” She answered it, nodding along with what the other person was saying.

“That’s not an “okay” okay. That’s a “there’s a problem” okay.” The bride deduced in a panic.

“Yeah, we’ll call you back. Bye.” Elena hung up the phone and awkwardly hesitated for a moment before she turned to Jo. “Danielle’s got the flu.”

Jo laughed mockingly with a tight smile. “Huh. It sounded like you just said, “Danielle has the flu,” which is impossible, because Danielle is my wedding coordinator.”