➳ 2: growing pains

EFAH was strolling around town, whistling to herself and smirking at the people she walked past on the street. She came across the police station to see Sheriff Forbes getting out of her patrol car and locking it when Pastor Young stopped her.

Efah raised an eyebrow curiously and ducked down behind a bush to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Sorry, Liz, you're not going to work today." The pastor said to the sheriff sternly with a group of other men standing behind him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked confused as the deputies surround the two of them. "What's going on?"

"They're taking your badge. You're not fit to protect us anymore." Pastor Young replied, his hands on his hips as he confronted her.

"You have no idea what you're up against." The sheriff scoffed and shook her head at them.

"On the contrary, Liz, I've already taken your deputies. We've got the entire town's supply of vervain, including the stash found in the Salvatore house. We're making our move." He explained to her, no hint of joking in his tone, before he turned around and the deputies all walked away.

Efah watched from her bush and smirked to herself. "Seems drama is common in Mystic Falls. This is going to be a fun few days." She stood to her feet and turned around to continue her walk. She approached the Grill and looked up, studying its exterior. "The Grill. How original..." She mused sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "They couldn't think of another name? Is this whole town just a bundle of clichés?" She scoffed then strolled in through the doors.

Looking around, she noticed families, couples, and teenagers sitting around the establishment, all laughing and having a good time amongst themselves. There was only one person at the bar, his back to her, and she could only see the back of his head, which was adorned with shaggy jet black hair. She pursed her lips for a moment, reading him, and decided to approach the bar.

"What will you have?" The male bartender asked in a flirtatious manner.

"Ooh, I'll have your strongest bottle of liquor and a side of you, sweetheart." She flirted back in a sultry tone with a sly smirk on her face.

The bartender laughed and winked at her then leaned across the bar with a smile. "Anything you want but... I'm going to need to see some ID first."

She smirked and leaned toward him, their lips centimeters from each other and her cleavage overflowing from her shirt. She ran a finger under his chin and stared deeply into his eyes in a seductive fashion. "Oh, that's a bummer. Can't you let me off? Just this once?"

"Yes." He answered in a hollow tone of voice before snapping out of his trance and smiling at her. "I'll be right back with your drink." He assured her as he turned away and walked toward the other end of the bar.

"Thank you." She whispered in an overly happy tone until his back was to her and then her face deadpanned.

"Nice trick." The raven-haired man complimented with a knowing look and set his glass down. "How'd you do it? Compulsion? Or maybe it was because he was staring at your boobs the whole time."

Shrugging, she grabbed a cocktail napkin and set it in front of her while speaking. "Maybe. Why? Jealous that no one's looking at your boobs?"