➳ 16: bring it on

BIRDS chirped away in the trees outside, singing their morning song, and golden beams of light poured into the room through the window, washing everything it touched in a warm glow. Efah was fast asleep in her bed, lying on her stomach with one leg bent and and arm raised above her head. Stefan had been sleeping beside her, his arm thrown over her waist and his face buried in her hair, but he was lying flat on his back, staring up at the ceiling with a pondering look on his face.

He wasn't too sure what his emotions for Efah were or whatever was going on between them was but he knew he didn't want it to stop. However, he thought over if it was right to continue to have random sex when he was slowly falling for her. Instead of using it as an outlet to relieve his frustrations and anger, it was now a part of the day he craved. To be close to her and vulnerable.

Weeks prior, sex between them had been aggressive, rough, and powered by the need to be dominant but lately it had been soft, gentle, and passionate.

The sound of her small groans and her body shifting amongst the mattress caused Stefan to break out of his thoughts and look over at her. He saw that she still hadn't woken, just rolled up onto her side facing away from him. He repositioned himself to lie on his side as well and pressed his chest against her back, spooning her.

His hand found the her hip and ran along her curves as he rested his head against her shoulder. From the corner of his eyes, he could see her scars glaring at him and turned his head slightly to study them further. He was tempted to run his fingertips softly across the indented line on her skin but decided it wouldn't be best to cross the boundary.

Efah was very open until it came to the discussion of her wings. Any time it was brought up, her face would fall in a dark sneer of pure hatred and she would snap at anyone who asked. From the scars on her back and her refusal to talk about it, Stefan deduced that she lost her wings in a traumatic way.

The angel began to stir and rubbed her legs together while slowly opening her eyes. She felt Stefan pressed against her and hummed groggily in approval. "Is this what we do now?" She asked curiously and stretched her arms out in front of her, pushing against him as she did so.

Stefan raised an eyebrow and rested his hand on her waist. "What's that?" He asked back in a soft whisper.

"Cuddle every morning." She answered then yawned quietly and leaned her head over to look at him with a crooked smile.

"Well..." Stefan trailed off and placed a tender kiss on her bare shoulder. "You did say I could have whatever I wanted."

"And you choose cuddling?" Efah questioned in confusion and rolled toward him slightly.

His fingers grazed across the naked skin of her abdomen, tracing small circles and leaving tiny goosebumps behind. "Yes." He responded honestly and moved to hover over her slightly. "Issue?"

Efah looked into his earthy green eyes and shook her head slowly. "No." She answered honestly and smiled genuinely for a second. "It's..." She trailed off, trying to form her thoughts into words that would properly express how she felt. "Nice." She admitted honestly.

Stefan's heart picked up in pace after hearing that and he smiled widely before leaning down toward her. Their lips grazed across each other without making full contact until he heard her breath hitching in her throat and kissed her softly. He deepened the kiss and climbed on top of her, trapping her underneath his body.