➳ 1: hello there, darling

DARKNESS fell over Mystic Falls, Virginia like a heavy blanket as a soothing silence accompanied it. This was a small town where everyone knew their neighbor and the residents were sure that nothing bad ever happened. They felt safe and comforted in that mindset. If only they knew what truly lurked in the shadows, then they would be fearful and cautious.

A couple had parked their car on the edge of the woods and were getting busy in the backseat. The car was shaking back and forth as the windows fogged up from the heat created inside. There was a creaking noise created outside the vehicle and the brunet man sat up and held a finger up to the blond. "Hey, did you hear that?" He questioned curiously, his heart pounding in his chest from the panic-inducing thought that something may be lurking a few feet away.

"It's probably an owl." The blond laughed and shook his head before trying to reattach their lips.

The brunet pushed him back and shook his head, pushing the subject further as fear flooded his being. "No, Andrew. I swear I heard something."

Andrew sat back with a loud, disappointed sigh and listened into the wilderness. "You're hearing things, Benji." He rejected the idea again and paused when there was the sound of twigs snapping outside. "Wait..." he trailed off then saw a black figure standing off into the distance. "Oh shit!" He yelled out in fear and pressed his back against the window. He blinked and the figure was gone. "Did you see that?"

The other man shook his head and looked at his date in confusion and concern. "No."

His heart was racing and his breathing heavy as he collected himself. "Okay, the woods are playing tricks on both of us. Here." Andrew grabbed his shirt from the floor and quickly put it on before tossing the brunet his shirt. "I'm taking you home."

The other man nodded in understanding and pulled his shirt over his head. When his eyesight was free, he watched as a fist was punched through the window and grabbed Andrew, pulling him out of the car through the glass shards.

Andrew screamed at the top of his lungs and cried out in pain for a moment until it suddenly grew eerily quiet. Benji's breathing was shaky as he climbed out of the car and followed the source of the noise. He wandered through the dark woods, terrified and alone. He looked around quickly in a panic and continued walking before tripping over an object and landing face first into the damp earth.

He groaned from the impact and lifted his head, rubbing the leaves from his face, only to come face to face with the dried up, grotesque corpse of his love, Andrew. He let out a shrill, petrified scream and quickly backed away from him. His back contacted a fallen tree only six inches away and he stared at Andrew's dead body with tears rapidly falling down his cheeks.

Andrew's eyes were blank and lifeless along with being sunken it. It was almost though all the fat and muscle tone had been drained from his body, leaving him literally only skin and bone. The deceased teenager's appearance was grey and tightened around his bone, causing every, now drained, veins to be visible. He looked fragile, almost like a skeleton wrapped in a grey, fleshy covering.

"Oh my, God, Andrew!" Benji cried out in grief and distraught.

"God had nothing to do with it." A dark, menacing female voice said from behind him.

Jumping in surprise, he turned to see an average height, brunette woman standing there with a sinister smirk on her face. "Wh--who--who are you?" He stuttered out in fear and attempted to stand to his feet.