➳ 19: pictures of you

DAMON and Stefan were throwing a football back and forth from opposite sides of the living room while discussing their Elena problem.

"So how long's it been? Eight, nine days?" Damon asked curiously as he wound his arm behind him and tossed the ball to Stefan.

Stefan nodded, holding his hands out, ready to catch it. "Yeah, eight or nine days. I don't know, I lost count."

"If we lost count of the consecutive days in which Elena Gilbert has not killed anyone, I'd say that's progress, brother." The older of the two pointed with a pleased expression on his face.

"So what are we gonna do, just, ah, throw the football around for another hundred and fifty years till Elena gets her humanity back?" Stefan asked then shrugged his shoulders and tossed the ball back with a smile. "Because I'm cool with that."

"She doesn't want the cure. She's gonna start killing people if she knows we're still trying to get it for her." Damon remarked pointedly, tossing the ball.

Stefan caught it then shifted on his feet, forming a plan. "Alright. We could always, ah, make her want it."

"Yeah, how're you gonna make an emotionless vampire want anything?" Damon asked sarcastically.

"Get her to flip her humanity switch." The younger brother answered simply.

Efah walked into the room with a loud sigh and walked toward the back of the couch. She threw her leg over the back and rolled over it until her back made contact with the cushions. "Easier said than done." She replied to him and tapped her fingers against her chest.

Damon pointed a finger at her in agreement and held his hands out at his side. "So what are we gonna do? Pull a Lexi and bombard her with emotions till one of them sticks?" He questioned incredulously.

"Yeah, and if that doesn't work, then we go to Plan "B": lock her up, keep her sidelined until you and I figure out a Plan "C"." Stefan explained with a serious expression.

"And what happens when she gets slammed with every emotion she's repressed since Jeremy died?" Damon questioned in worry.

"Well, then you, my friend, will be right by her side, ready to help her through it." Stefan bitterly smiled with a nod of his head.

"Right." Damon drew out slowly and nodded his head with pursed lips. "'Cause you don't wanna keep reliving history, and when this is all over you're just gonna get out of her life." He brought up, challenging Stefan to prove him wrong.

Stefan looked down for a moment, then smiled unconvincingly. "Bingo."

"Alright. How do you wanna do this?" Damon asked, kneeling over and resting his hands on his knees. After the two debated on their options, Damon turned toward Efah with a taunting smirk and walked out in front of her. "What's up your ass?"

She held her fingers up and began to count down quietly, just as she reached one, the front door opened and a tall, handsome man wearing a dress suit walked in. He fixed the buttons on his cuffs and smiled widely at the trio. Efah held her hand out, gesturing toward him, and smirked at the Salvatores, who stared at him in confusion. "Thing One and Thing Two, may I introduce, Lucifer Morningstar."