➳ 22: graduation

LEXI was dancing to Bon Jovi on the platform in the parlor while Stefan pumped his fist in the air and drank some bourbon straight from the bottle, slumping on the couch.

"Well, this is quite the party. I remember this song. We use it as torture in Hell. Lucifer's decision." Efah commented with a laugh when she walked in the room. "Good morning, doll face!" She greeted the Salvatore, who drunkenly beamed up at her.

She approached the couch in time for him to reach a hand up and kiss her on the lips with sloppy passion. The archangel attempted to pull away but he deepened the embrace and tried to pull her down by her wrapping an arm around her waist. Her vibrant green eyes widened in surprise and she threw a hand out to the nearest object to stop herself from falling on top of him.

"Good morning, Efah." Stefan slurred slightly with a wide grin after he left their embrace.

Steadying herself so she wouldn't collapse on him, she smiled down at the vampire and slowly sat down on the couch next to him. "Seems someone's already had a bit too much. Oh..." Realizing that someone was behind them, Efah turned in her seat and smiled awkwardly at the blonde. "Hi."

"Well, hello there." Lexi greeted with an amused smile and hopped down off the platform, walking toward her. "You're the infamous Efah." She remarked while pointing a finger at the brunette, who nodded in acknowledgement and raised an eyebrow. Lexi looked to Stefan then back to her and lowered her head to Efah's ear. "Be careful with him." She whispered affectionately as Damon entered the room.

"Damon! Help me celebrate my seventeenth high school graduation." Stefan slurred as Damon turned off the music. Stefan sat up on the couch and pointed over at rhe blonde behind him. "Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

"Lexi, back from the dead. Goody." Damon commented sarcastically.

Lexi sped over and pinned him against the wall with a hand over his neck. "What's up, buzzkill?" She questioned with a taunting smirk.

"Stefan, you're just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" Damon asked in a strained voice and gripped onto her wrist.

Stefan shrugged his shoulders and placed his feet on the coffee table, wiggling them back and forth. "You reap what you sow, buddy." He replied, making no attempt whatsoever to save his brother.

"Let's be very clear: whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?" Lexi snarled furiously and shoved him harder against the wall..

"Yeah. Got ya." Damon agreed through his strained voice and Lexi released him with a warning glare. She turned her back to him, walking toward Stefan, as the older Salvatore gasped out for air. "So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up. And here you two are, having dance party USA." He said incredulously and held his hands out at his sides.

"You're right. How selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formerly dead best friend." Stefan sarcastically replied and took the bottle from Lexi. "I should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right? I should be upstairs grooming my hero-hair." He joked bitterly and pointed the bottle at his friend.

Efah chuckled and took the bottle from him with a look on her face. "I'll take that." She said in a sing-song voice and he smirked lopsidedly over at her. He reached his armed over, wrapping them around her waist and pulling her to him causing her to fall over, her head in his lap.