➳ 56: the day i tried to live

DAMON glanced over at the tray of cupcakes and smiled fondly. “Happy Birthday, Bon-bon.”

“Well that’s nauseatingly adorable.” Efah commented as she strolled into the room and made her way straight to the fridge.

“Shut up.” He playfully snapped at his sister-in-law then gave her a confused look. “Aren’t you supposed to be honeymooning by now?”

“We both agreed to wait until after Bonnie’s home safe and sound.” Efah replied while grabbing a glass bottle containing blue raspberry lemonade and turned around to face him. “The next celestial event is in eleven days so we need to start gearing up.”

He was about to respond when Elena walked in with a large paper bag. She set it down on the counter, greeting Damon. “Hey.”

“Hi.” He quickly said back while readjusting the cupcake tray.

Elena started taking of her jacket when see noticed the cupcakes and smiled happily. “Ooh. You think we could sneak one before the party?”

“I think Caroline might fry us in the sun.” He joked with a wrinkle of his nose.

“Please.” Efah scoffed loudly and rolled her eye.

“It’s worth the risk.” The doppelgänger giggled and took a bite of the cupcake Damon held out to her. She closed her dark brown eyes, moaning in pleasure.

Damon took his own bite before realizing she had frosting on her lip. “Come here.” He wiped it off with his fingertips then licked it off.

Efah made an awkward face at the scene she was forced to witness. Twisting the cap off her lemonade, she started to chug it to give herself something else to focus on.

Elena stared intensely into Damon’s icy blue eyes and looked away quickly to change the subject. “You know, we never talked about the fact that you kissed me.”

“And you kissed me back.” He raised the point and took another bite of the cupcake. “Yeah. I know. That’s the whole point of kissing so you don’t have to talk about it.”

“Right. Well, I just wanted you to know…” She took a deep breath to steady herself. “That I’m good with that.”

“Yeah?” Damon pushed with an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah. We—we’re good. Really good.” She responded, flattening her lips and giggling again.

“Is this the talk?” He asked in amusement and smirked down at her.

“Pretty much.” She agreed while quickly nodding her head.

“Perfect.” Damon mused happily and leaned in to kiss Elena. They started to make out while Efah sneered in disgust.

“Later, losers.” She made the peace sign with her fingers and dismissed herself to leave until an unexpected someone walked through the front door.

“Hello?” Kai called out to them, his voice carrying through the large estate.

Elena pulled away from Damon and shook her head in rejection. “No. That’s impossible because why would he…”