➳ 6: questions and answers

"WAIT, what?" Damon gaped at her in astonishment, his mouth hanging wide open.

"I'm an archangel." Efah repeated slowly then chuckled at their stunned faces. She could see that they had a plethora of questions running through their heads and clapped their hands. "So... I sense you're going to need a minute to process your questions. I guess I'll just talk and if there's a question you'd like to ask, you can interrupt. Sound good?" She asked and they nodded their heads in agreement.

"We all know the story of Lucifer. Staged a rebellion against God. King of hell. Blah blah blah. Well, Lucifer was God's most powerful and often times... his favorite." She snarled out in jealousy. "Lucifer craved more power and didn't agree with God's creation of humanity so he intended to overthrow God. This created a war between the angels and Lucifer so... God cast Lucifer out of heaven. Never to return and tasked him to rule Hell."

"Yeah. He's the devil. How do you fit in all of that?" Damon asked curiously, sitting down across from her while pouring them a round of drinks.

Holding her hand out for a glass, she sighed and threw back the alcohol before continuing. "Everyone was against Lucifer....except me. I'm the only one who stood by him. And I stood by him because I agreed. Humans are filth on this planet and they've slowly destroying something once beautiful. The day my father created humanity was the first day I ever disagreed. When I stood at Lucifer's side, God gave me a choice. Atone or fall."

"You fell." Stefan concluded with a brooding look on his face.

"Yes. God barred me from heaven. He decreed that Lucifer and I share reign over Hell. And we do. We take turns." She explained then her face fell in aggravation. "Sometimes it works. Currently we're on my turn... it's been about six thousand years since Lucifer sat on the throne. He's too busy dicking around to be responsible."

"Don't you want to be queen though?" Damon questioned in confusion, taking her glass and filling it again.

"At first, it's nice. Everyone listens to you. They hang on your every word and order. But...." Efah trailed off and sighed heavily. "After awhile, it's annoying. Everyone coming to you complaining and you have to be responsible for an entire realm. It's... it's a lot of work. At this point, I just want a break."

"You mentioned that you and Lucifer can't be on Earth at the same time." Stefan recalled and glanced at her, uncertain. "If you're here and currently the queen, what he is doing?"

"Lucifer's been on Earth for years. When word got out of your mission, he asked me to come up and take care of it. So when I came up, he went down." She responded dully with a small shrug. "Eventually, I have to go back... I'm not in the mood for a Lucifer style hissy fit so I'll make due."

"Why can't you be on Earth at the same time?" Damon asked, intrigued by this new information.

"We technically can but father thinks that if we're both on Earth that we'll rid of all humanity." She explained with an eye roll. "So every time Luci and I are together up here, he sends our brothers down to manage us. It's frustrating and the worst time of my life. I hate my brothers. Especially Michael." She sneered out in rage, her eyes fading into black.

"Okay. I have so many questions." Stefan informed her and folded his hands together. "If you're angel, where are your wings?"

Efah's face fell into a dark expression of pure hatred. She clenched her jaw and spoke slow and harsh. "We don't talk about my wings. That is the only question I will not answer."