➳ 5: the killer

"SO, we each take a different entrance; hit them at the same time." Damon created a plan and paced in front of Elena and Tyler at the Lockwood Estate.

Stefan rushed into the room and Elena quickly got up off the couch, walking over to him. "Stefan!" She greeted him in relief, hugging him closely.

"Where the hell have you been?" Damon snarled in irritation and swallowed his jealousy.

Stefan reached his arm out toward Elena, returning her embrace, and sighed at his brother. "Coming up with a plan."

"Yeah, we have a plan. The plan is I'm gonna rip Connor's heart out and I'm going to feed it to him." Damon snarled aggressively.

"That's not a plan. We need to be careful. Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages." Stefan advised strictly, pulling away from Elena.

Damon smirked darkly and shrugged his shoulders. "Hence, the open-heart surgery."

Elena stared at him for a moment then looked to Stefan, backing up the older Salvatore's idea. "Damon's right. Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us."

"I called in the hybrids to help too," Tyler pipped in suddenly.

Caroline walked into the house, joining them. "My mom put squad cars blocking the streets. They're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go." She informed them quickly, standing behind the couple.

"Good, great. No cops, no witnesses, no reason to wait around." Damon praised with a look on his face.

"All right, hold on, you're not all going." Stefan rejected sternly and looked at Caroline and Elena.

"He shot me like nine times. If we're killing him, I want in." Tyler sneered angrily.

"He's got, Jeremy. I'm going." Elena argued as well, refusing to back down.

"Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into." Stefan snapped at all of them in frustration.

"Until you figure it out? Is that where you've been all morning? Out buying bossy pants?" Damon questioned incredulously.

"This guy is known for setting traps, right? We'd be pretty dumb to walk into one, especially if he has werewolf venom." Stefan tried to talk everyone down, coaxing them to think clearly.

Elena immediately looked at him, concerned. "Does he?"

"He's had it before." He pointed out with a brooding look.

Elena began rethinking the plan, sighing and resting her hands on her hips.

Damon flattened his lips and glanced around at everyone, clearly angry. "Fine. Fine, if you want to take some time to do recon, you get one hour. But we're gonna need some extra help. So, where the hell's the Wicked Witch of the West?"

"She can't do magic." Caroline answered from behind Stefan and Elena, shrugging her shoulders.

"Really?" Damon snapped and pitched a motivation to the blonde. "Well, call her, tell her Jeremy's life is in danger; maybe that will bring her out of retirement." He said as he moved to walk out of the room, knocking into Stefan's shoulder as he did so.