➳ 25: for whom the bell tolls

EFAH was in her room furiously throwing furniture at the walls and screaming out belligerently. "DAMMIT!" She bellowed then knocked all the books off her desk before throwing the chair across the room. She lifted her hands to her head and clutched at the roots of her hair with tight fists. Her chest was raising and falling rapidly as tears involuntarily fell down her face in an unstoppable waterfall. "This can't be happening." She whispered to herself, her voice breaking at the end.

After noticing the mess she had created, it was obvious that she couldn't stay in there for the night. Efah gathered up her books and left the destruction behind, walking out of the room and down the hall. Her hand gripped tightly onto the doorknob of Stefan's room and she took a shaky breath. Hesitant to enter. Pulling herself together, she opened the door and walked into his room. Glancing around to see that nothing had been moved out of place. Her bottom lip quivered as she ran a hand across the duvet on his bed. Sitting and sinking down into the mattress, she let out a small sob that had been stuck in her chest.

Damon searched for the archangel around the house and found her sitting at a table in Stefan's room with one of Stefan's journals and an empty bottle in front of her. He was about to greet her when she spoke up in an emotional and druken manner. "Stefan was falling in love with me... I somehow convinced him that I was a good enough person to love..." She commented, her voice falling off with tears. Efah set the journal down on the table with a hiccup and grabbed the bottle, only to find it empty and groaned in disappointment.

Frowning, Damon walked over and sat down next to her. "Hey, we'll get him back." He promised in pure determined and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I spent three thousand years angry at him. Thinking he had abandoned me." Efah slurred out with a guilt look on her face and hugged the empty bottle to her body. "But he didn't. He never did." A tear rolled down her cheek as she stared down at the journal, her heart aching in her chest. "I'm so stupid."

"Alright, I think you've had enough." Damon said softly, trying to take the bottle from her but she turned her body away from him. "Efah, you're drunk and not making any sense."

"I'm making perfect sense." She argued in a defensive snarl and glared over at him. "It just doesn't make sense to you."

"Okay..." He trailed off, not wanting to push any further and end up on the wrong end of a fight. "So, I'm taking Stefan out for sibling bonding. You should come by later and help me with some memories." He suggested with a small smile and stood up from his seat. Damon waited for a response, only getting a simple nod from her in return, and sighed heavily before leaving the room.

Efah sunk down in the hard chair, cradling the empty bottle as she blew are into it causing a high-pitched whistle to echo through it. Straightening her posture, she set the bottle down on the table with a loud thud then reached over to pull the journal closer. Her green eyes trailed the written words containing Stefan's feelings for Efah and she let out a shaky sigh. Unable to read anymore for fear of breaking down completely, she closed the journal loudly and slid it away from her.

Night fell and Damon was driving a stolen vehicle with Stefan in the passenger seat. He pulled the emergency brake and the car slid down the road before flipping over multiple times and totaling. Some of the debris in the road was lit ablaze and Stefan and Damon lied out on the open road, outside the car.

Stefan chuckled and pulled himself up onto his elbow. "Oh. Oh. Ohh. I got it. You're the fun brother."

Damon chuckled to himself and sat up, wiggling his leg back and forth while studying the wreckage. "Whew!"