➳ 13: into the wild

EVERYONE began unloading as they arrived on the coast of Nova Scotia. Stefan climbed off the boat then held a hand out to Efah, offering to help her. She stared at his hand for a second then smiled genuinely and grabbed ahold of it. He eased her off the boat onto the sand and smiled back at her. "There you go."

"Thanks." She replied kindly then looked around at them with an unsure expression. "This looks... dangerous." Efah commented with a wicked smirk. "Better be careful. I'd hate for something to happen to you, hot stuff." She winked at Stefan then walked over to stand by a tree.

Stefan chuckled lightly and followed closely behind her. He began tying a rope into a knot while Rebekah was standing next to them glaring at Elena, who was walking past.

Stefan sighed and rolled his eyes. "You know, you're not really helping."

Rebekah shrugged, not looking away from the doppelgänger. "You're perfectly capable of tying a knot."

"You giving Elena the evil eye, it's not really helping." He elaborated with an annoyed face.

"She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my back. She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye." Rebekah spat furiously through gritted teeth.

Elena stopped in her place and rolled her eyes. "You know I can hear you, right?"

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah snarkily responded with a sarcastic smile.

Elena threw her back pack down and sped toward Rebekah, grabbing her neck and pointing the white oak stake at her chest. Rebekah flipped her over and pushed her to the ground. "Go ahead, try and kill me. But then you'd have to face your real problems. Like the fact that Stefan invited me here, himself. I guess he likes me again." She rubbed in Elena's face and stormed off, winking at Efah as she passed.

Stefan offered to help Elena up but she ignored him and stomped away.

Efah made fake cat noises along with fake cat claws with her hands and laughed.

Stefan sighed and stood up straighter to look at her. "And of course you have some remark to make..."

She crossed her arms over her chest and shot him a look. "You're so grumpy. All you do is sigh and criticize. Do you even know how to smile?"

He bitterly smiled at her, trying to get under her skin. "I do but you're not funny."

She laughed and walked closer to him. "Oh, I'm hilarious. Maybe if you'd stop being so uptight and stop worrying about Elena so much, you'd be a lot more fun."

"Why? Are you jealous?" Stefan mocked, tilting his head to the side.

She scoffed in offense and placed a hand on her chest. "Jealous? Of Elena Gilbert?" She reiterated then laughed loudly. "That's pitiful." She drew out in disgust and took note of Stefan's glare. "Keep making yourself mad. That's good. It'll lead to some really hot, angry sex later."

"Eh, we won't be having sex later. I think you're enjoying it too much." Stefan commented, not really withholding sex but wanting to see what her reaction would be.

Efah's face fell at this before she laughed again and pointed a finger at him. "That's funny. Ahhh. So, you can be humorous. It was a good joke. Sex is meant to be enjoyed. That's literally the whole point. You can't stand there and tell me you don't."