➳ 10: after school special

STEFAN knocked on one of the bedroom doors of the boarding house and it swung open a few seconds later, revealing Efah standing behind it with a towel wrapped around her body and wet hair clinging to her skin.

She glanced at him with a raised eyebrow and waited for him to say something. He was caught off guard by her appearance and stuttered along his words. Rolling her eyes, she decided to be the first one to speak. "How may I help you, Stefan?"

"You were right." He admitted in a deep breath and she smirked smugly while pretending not to know what he was referring to. "Don't make me say it." He grumbled unhappily and pushed past her, walking into the room.

Efah pursed her lips and closed the door, following after him. She pulled the towel up as she felt it slipping down her breasts. The vampire sat down on her bed with a heavy sigh. "Elena's feelings for Damon are real."

She remained quiet and looked back at him. The angel was unsure of how to respond to something she already knew without being arrogant or smug. He was heartbroken because the woman he was in love with didn't love him back. An unrequited love is the most classic of all heartbreak.

"I'm so angry." He admitted softly and shook his head slowly, staring at the wall in front of him. "I want to feed until I black out."

"I could offer an alternative." Efah said in a sultry voice and walked toward him, her cleavage directly in his eyeline.

Stefan cleared his throat and forced himself to look up at her face. He pushed his body back against the bed, trying to get some distance between them. "Efah..." He trailed off, his voice shaky from nerves, and his breathing picked up. "I--"

"Don't make excuses. Simple yes or no." She cut him off with a pointed expression. "I'm offering not forcing."

"I don't think it would be right." Stefan mumbled nervously and licked his lips. "I still love Elena and I'm not in a good place."

"I'm offering sex not a relationship." She remarked paired with a small smirk then shrugged and backed away. "But since you're uncomfortable..." She trailed off and walked toward the bathroom, dropping the towel as she went.

Stefan gazed at her naked body, his breath hitching in his throat, until he noticed the two large, jagged scars running down her scapulas. He frowned at the red marks permanently on her skin, sympathy running through him.

Efah could feel his eyes on her and she knew he saw the scars. The angel could almost hear the questions burning in the back of his mind. She refused to speak on them and entered the bathroom.

Choosing not to bring any attention to it, he tore his eyes away and studied the changes she had made to the guest room. There were books he didn't recognize on the desk, clothes in the closet, and a series of weapons lying on the bedside table. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and reached over to grab one of the daggers. Studying it, he saw the blade was long and came to thin point. There were engravings on the blade in a language he didn't recognize or understand.

Efah walked out of the bathroom in a black lace lingerie set and approached the closet, grabbing the dagger from his as she past. "Be careful with those." She warned sternly, placing it back down with the others, and began deciding on an outfit for the day.

"What is that language?" He asked curiously, staring at the scars on her back.

"Enochian." She answered dully and grabbed a pair of black dress pants. "The language of the angels." Efah then slipped the pants over her legs and buttoned the waist, turning to face him. "These are the sharpest weapons ever created so be careful."