Day One

Y/N'S POV

I was startled awake by a loud whirring noise echoing throughout the room. "What the fuck?" I muttered to myself as I sat up on the sofa, my back crunching from my uncomfortable sleeping position. "Prentiss! What the fuck?" I shouted as I spotted her in the kitchen.

"Oh good, you're awake."

"Of course I'm awake, you're making a smoothie right down my ear. Did you put fucking rocks in the blender?" I returned as I shuffled into the kitchen and sat on one of the stools at the breakfast island.

"We need to go grocery shopping today. All we had was random fruit, an avocado and almond milk." She spoke as she grabbed two glasses from the cupboard.

"That's what I had in my fridge at home - I didn't want it to go rotten whilst I'm not there." I shrugged.

"Well we should go and buy proper food in a bit, I can't be stuck here with you without my snacks. Here." She stated as she slid a glass across the counter to me.

"I agree with you for once, I can't live without snacks." I smiled as I took the glass, a smile playing on her lips too. "This smoothie is so...green." I grimaced, knowing it must have spinach in it as that was one of the few things in my sparsely stocked fridge.

"Just drink it then get dressed so we can go."

I took a sip and was pleasantly surprised. "Oh." I breathed as I took another few sips, "It's pretty good actually, Gordan Ramsey who?" Emily rolled her eyes at my comment yet left the room with a smug smile on her face.

------------------------------

"Oh my god Y/L/N hurry up and choose, I wanna go." Emily groaned, I was trying to choose what snacks to buy. We had filled the shopping cart with all of the essential grocery items and Emily's snack choices.

"I don't like rushing important decisions, let me think."

"Just get both." She huffed as she grabbed the skittles and starbursts from the shelf and threw them onto the pile of snacks - a surprisingly large pile for two people. "Are we done now?"

"Wait, I want Oreos too - actually I need them."

"Fine. Go and grab them and I'll wait in line - grab me some too." She spoke as she began walking away before turning back to me and adding, "Double stuffed ones."

"Obviously." I smiled before finding the aisle they were on, getting a few packs and heading to find her. "I hope you're good at cooking Ramsey because it's not one of my many talents."

"Why does that not surprise me? Do you not know any other chef names, that one's getting old already." She huffed in annoyance.

"Not really, I actually think that it annoying you makes it better anyway." I smirked whilst unloading the shopping onto the conveyor belt.

"I guess your talent for being annoying as fuck makes up for your lack of cooking skills." She spoke before looking wide eyed behind me. "Just play along." She added before slipping her arm around my waist and smiling down to me. "Our new neighbour is over there."

"Alison?" I whispered and she nodded in response.

"Emily? Y/N? Is that you two?" She spoke in her perky voice behind us as she joined the queue.

"Hi Alison." I smiled back as Emily gave her a grin.

"Hi girls! This is my husband." She gestured towards the tall man beside her, "Harry, these are our new neighbours I told you about." She informed and he shook Emily's hand with a smile.