Day Five

Y/N'S POV

"Morning." Emily greeted as she walked in to the kitchen, I'd woken up first - beside her on the very uncomfortable sofa - and had taken it upon myself to make breakfast.

"Hey." I returned with a smile.

"You feeling better today?"

"Yeah actually, must have been that soup." I smirked. "Breakfast is served." I spoke as I placed two bowls of cereal on the counter and a carton of milk.

"Oh, wow. This is extravagant, maybe I should give you a chef name." She mocked, pouring some milk into the bowl.

"I made coffee too, even made it how you like."

She took a sip and raised her eyebrows in surprise, "That coffee is actually really good, just how I like it." She grinned, "But leave meal duty to me from now on, please." She practically begged.

"Sounds like a plan." I laughed.

We sat and ate our cereal and drank our coffee as we discussed our plans for today. "I was thinking -"

"Didn't know you could do that, I'm impressed." She interjected with a smirk, I flipped up my middle finger as I continued.

"I was thinking that it's really weird that nobody has even mentioned the fact that four of their neighbours have literally been murdered. Don't you think that's fuckin' odd?"

"Yeah, it is. Even if they weren't particularly close you'd think they'd have mentioned something. Maybe we can find something out later on at Matt and James'?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

"Thanks for breakfast Y/L/N, I'm gonna get a shower and then I guess we can watch a couple movies or something before we head out?" She spoke, standing up and placing our bowls on the side to be cleaned later on.

"Yeah you need a shower, you stink." I returned, she scoffed slightly with a smile and hit my arm as she walked past and out of the room.

Whilst she was gone I cleaned up the kitchen area and thought back on how our relationship has changed, things have taken a turn so quickly. When I joined the BAU around two years ago I was intimidated by her; she was attractive, amazing at her job and slightly older than me. On my first case I made a slight mistake which was the source of our first argument, since then the bickering has continued. We started off on the wrong foot and never bothered to correct it, seeming to pick at one another and argue out of ease - it became a routine. We never got to know each other at all until now and I'm glad we did, I'm grateful for the budding friendship we're growing into.

"Boo!" Emily exclaimed beside my ear, her hands on either side of my waist to scare me. I jumped at the sudden noise and contact that suddenly ripped me from my thoughts, I didn't realise how long I'd been thinking about her for.

"Shit-fuck, oh my god Emily." I breathed, my hand over my pounding heart. She burst out laughing and slowly moved her hands from my body as I turned around. She stepped away to lean on the counter opposite me and I became aware of the absence of her scent; when she was near me seconds prior I could smell her coconut shampoo, the fresh and clean smell of the soap she'd used minutes before and the light floral aroma of her perfume.

"That was so funny, I'm sorry." She chuckled. "You were so deep in thought it was the perfect opportunity."

I hit her stomach with the back of my hand playfully as I smiled at her laughter, I'd never seen her laugh this freely before. "You're an idiot."

She shrugged as her laughter died down but the grin on her lips stayed. "Go and shower and hurry I wanna watch TV."

After a while I returned downstairs after my shower and sat beside Emily as she was watching TV, we watched whatever movie was playing with occasional comments on the plot or characters, small laughs when something comical happened. "Wait. We don't have any wine to take with us." I spoke suddenly.