Iustitia

A/N - canon dialogue used - iustitia, latin for justice

Warnings - blood and injury, thoughts of killing bc doyle is fuckin trash, death (changed some of the canon plot to satisfy myself xoxo)

A FEW MONTHS AGO...

You were doing as you always did, sitting at the break room table with a mug of coffee in your grasp, it was once hot but in the time you'd been staring off into space it had cooled to an overly sweet room temperature beverage. The only reason you broke out of the daze was to look up at the sound of heels against the ground.

"Hey Y/N/N." Penelope greeted with a smile, refilling her unicorn mug with tea.

"Hey, Pen." You returned, meeting her eyes as she looked at you with a concerned furrowed brow. "What's up?"

"We're worried about you - you've been spending so much time alone since...that horrible thing happened."

"Pen, I'm fine I-"

"Just don't keep yourself so closed off, we love you okay?" She smiled, squeezing your shoulder when you returned the smile the best you could. "Me and Derek are working on something, why don't you help us? Keep your mind busy."

"Sure, okay." You agreed.

And that's how you ended up in a room with the two of them, searching through files and drinking coffee by the gallon.

"Ok, Emily needed to get Declan a new identity so she must have used someone she trusted." You spoke, chin resting in your palm in thought.

"All right, well, that's a short list, but it's probably not even written down. Even if it was, she's had contacts all over the world." Derek answered

"Oh, tell me about it. Two columns - domestic and imports." Penelope added, passing some files across the table to you both before a knock sounded at the door.

"Hey. You guys seen Spence?" JJ asked, smiling to you across the room. You'd finally been able to spend more time with her since she'd come back to the team, she didn't know about you and Emily though, not yet.

"He's at the firing range." Penelope answered her.

"Again?"

"Ever since Prentiss died, he..." You managed not to roll your eyes at the statement, just about, he wasn't even that close with her.

"Right. Uh... Did you guys just get a new case?"

"It's just an old one." Derek responded.

"Do you want some fresh eyes?"

"Not just yet."

"Ok. Um, well, let me know."

"I'll catch you later, Jayje." You smiled with a wave which she returned before heading down the corridor.

"Shouldn't we tell her?" Penelope questioned, a slightly guilty look across her features.

"Garcia, this has been a long shot for 6 months. Why get her hopes up?"

"What about Hotch?"

"He knows I'm doing this." You held back a scoff at his response, fairly sure he didn't know the full details.

"He does?"

"Not technically, but he knows I'm not about to let Doyle roam free."

"Does he know we're looking for Declan?"

"I just figured I'd call him when I have something to report."

"Okay. But it feels weird not sharing."