Put Down Lines

A/N - The case used and the dialogue etc is from Season 6 Episode 14 - 'Sense Memory'
Some of the case dialogue doesn't say who was speaking purely because I didn't want it to be really clunky and repetitive; also I gave some of Spencer's dialogue to Y/N because he's my least fave sorry not sorry.

TW  - canon case descriptions.

Y/N'S POV

I was sat at the table in the briefing room, coffee in hand as we waited to discuss the new case, Emily hadn't arrived yet which wasn't like her - she was usually punctual, sometimes even obnoxiously so.

"Where's Prentiss?" Derek asked, noticing her absence.

"I don't know - her car wasn't here when I rode in this morning." Spencer answered.

"I'm gonna give her a call, get her ETA." Penelope spoke, standing to leave though before she could walk away hurried footsteps sounded, Emily rushing through the doorway looking tired and slightly flustered.

"Hey." She spoke, a soft smile upturning her lips as she looked to me before getting herself some coffee. 

"Somebody have a long night?" Derek smirked, looking at Emily.

"Somebody wanna mind their own business." She snapped, taking her seat beside me as Derek furrowed his brows slightly at her uncharacteristic remark. I looked to her, silently questioning if she was okay to which she gave a slight nod before sipping on her coffee.

"Garcia." Hotch spoke, urging her to give us the details of the case.

"Oh. Spin the wheel and it is sunny Los Angeles, people." She answered in her usual chirpy tone.

"Two times in one year, huh?" Derek interjected.

"Remind me again why it's called the City of Angels." Rossi sighed.

"It was originally called the town of our lady the queen of the angels. That was a rhetorical question, wasn't it?" I rambled, face heating slightly at my comment though relaxing slightly as Emily gave a gentle squeeze to my thigh, an amused smile gracing her lips.

"This is a weird one."

"As opposed to?"

"Withhold your judgment, mon ami. Okay, 3 women, all abducted from different parts of the city and murdered within the last couple of weeks. Shelly Onto, 23-year-old bank teller, 15 days ago. Vickie Hagerg, 39-year-old art teacher, 6 days ago. And Linda Dean, a 28-year-old hostess at a bar, 2 days ago. All from different parts of the city, all different socioeconomic statuses." Penelope explained, showing us various pieces of information on the screen as we read through the files.

"All 3 were held approximately 24 hours before being dumped in a public space." Hotch informed.

"He's not hiding what he's doing." Rossi added.

"And here's one weird part."

"They all look like floaters." Emily deduced from the photos.

"Mm-hmm. All 3 women were drowned."

"Their bodies weren't found anywhere near water?" I asked.

"No, they weren't."

"They were drowned somewhere else and transported to the dumpsite."

"Garcia, you're right, this is weird." Derek spoke, brows furrowed as he took in the case information.

"They weren't drowned in water." Hotch stated.

"Methanol?" I questioned based on what I could see.

"Each woman had it in her lungs and was alive before she went into it. No water, just methanol."