Day Thirteen

TW - mentions of injury, violence, hunger, being held hostage, miscarriage

3RD PERSON POV

It had been three days now since Y/N had been taken, tied onto the same chair, body sore and aching. A lot of her time was spent alone in the dingy room she was being kept in, shivering from the cold and mostly in the dark. The only time the light was on was when he was there, smiling at her whilst he inflicted pain, or merely just sat and watched her as she suffered.

He sometimes gave her water through a straw, wanting to keep her alive enough to hurt until he decided to kill her which, based on the previous victims, will be in four days - though he always made sure to put the fabric back in her mouth to keep her quiet. She kept track of the days by the tiny line of sunlight she could see at the boarded up window, wishing with all she could that each day would be the day her team would find her.

Her arms ached from being trapped behind her back, fingerprint shaped bruises on her bicep where he grabbed her, a few cuts along her other arm. He savoured using a weapon other than his hands, hoping to prolong the agony he caused, feeling an exhilaration when her grunts of pain were from his punches. Her lip was cut open, re-splitting a few times, a smear of dried blood on her chin. Her left eye was almost swollen shut though he left the other uninjured so she could see him, his sadistic amusement always on show for her.

She felt weak from her injuries and the fact she'd not eaten for days, stomach cramping in hunger as she faded in and out of sleep. He would walk through the door almost like clockwork, arriving every few hours during the day and staying for a couple of hours before disappearing again.

All she could think of to try and distract herself from the pain was Emily and the thought of her and the others kicking through the door, guns raised, rescuing her from her pain.

--------------------

"I was thinking we should all go house to house again, maybe someone who saw something will be more open now a couple of days later." Hotch announced, the others nodding solemnly.

"I could do with getting out of the house." Rossi added, all of them looking tired and overworked.

"Garcia stay here, just be ready for any of us to call with any information."

"Yes, sir." She smiled sadly.

"Alright let's go, stay near to each other just in case." He added, everyone pulling on jackets as they headed out.

20 minutes later...

"Anything?" Emily asked, leaving the house of the people she'd been questioning as Derek left the one next door.

"No, nothing." He sighed, clenching his jaw slightly in annoyance.

"I can't tell whether nobody knows anything or we're being lied to." She grumbled, making her way to the next house as Derek did the same; Spencer, Hotch and Rossi all doing the same on the other side of the road.

She approached the next house observing the pleasant flowerbed outside, pressing the doorbell with a sigh. She was feeling dejected, helpless, at all these dead ends - earning no valuable information.

A few moments later the door swung open, May, one of the neighbours she'd got along with standing on the other side with a soft smile across her lips.

"Hi, Mrs Andrews." Emily greeted.

"Hello Agent Prentiss - please, call me May. Come on in." She smiled, opening the door wider and gesturing for her to walk in.

"My team and I are just asking everyone a few more questions, is that okay?"