Day Six

Y/N'S POV

The incessant ringing of Emily's phone is what woke us up, Emily rolled away from me with a groan to reach over to where he phone lay. We'd ended up cuddled together again, it's becoming a regular occurrence now and neither of us seem to want it to end.

"Prentiss." She answered the phone, clearing her throat at the raspy tone of her voice. "Okay, we'll be ready in a sec."

"What's up?" I mumbled, my eyes still closed, my head thumping dully. 

"The team wants to call us to talk about the case. My head fuckin' hurts." She groaned, rubbing at her temples with her fingertips. 

"My head feels like someone sat on it and then like, put it in a blender and just shoved it back onto my body."

She giggled at my analogy, "Ugh, please don't make me laugh. Pain." She whimpered, smiling still. 

Both of us reluctantly climbed out of bed and changed into hoodies and sweatpants - in separate rooms - before trudging down the stairs. I set up the coffee machine and filled two glasses with water whilst she set up the laptop. "Hello my undercover beauties!" Penelope exclaimed from the screen, everyone was in the roundtable room, looking considerably more alert than us.

"Garcia please be a tiny bit quieter, I am begging you." Emily grumbled. I poured us some coffee and added milk and Splenda to hers before grabbing some painkillers from the cupboard.

"Are you two hungover?" Hotch asked, slightly sternly.

"Not our fault, it was fucking wine night." She retorted, receiving giggles from the rest of our team members. I handed her a glass of water and the pills for her headache which she took gratefully, before I settled on the stool next to her with our mugs of coffee.

"You didn't have to call us at the crack of dawn you know." I grumbled.

"It's 11AM, Y/N." Penelope informed me with a chuckle.

"What did you learn from 'wine night'?" Hotch questioned, smirking at our miserable states.

"We have two new suspects - Ryan Stevenson and Chad Parker the-"

"Do you think it could be a team?" I interrupted earning nervous looks from the others as usually we would burst into an argument at this point. "Sorry, I was just thinking that -"

"It's an idea actually." Emily replied turning to look at me, the others seemed relieved we didn't start bickering. "It's possible they do it together, they both clearly have a hatred for women."

"We can look into them." Hotch interjected. "We'll let you go and nurse your hangovers, good work." 

"I'm gonna go on a run, get some fresh air. You wanna come with?" Emily asked.

"Um no. Definitely not, I would one hundred percent vomit."

"Well, I will most likely do a light jog or walk but I wanted to sound impressive. Even someone as amazing as me can't run with a hangover."

"You wanted to impress me, huh?" I teased, a blush flew into her cheeks which surprised me. "The fact you are able to go on a jog with a hangover is impressive in my eyes." She smiled at that, still blushing, and I felt my breath hitch at the sight - at the thought that flew into my head. The thought that Emily is so cute and effortlessly beautiful and no matter what she does, she impresses me. 

"I'm gonna get changed and head out, see you in a bit." She added as she walked past me, her hand resting on my back for a few seconds.

"Do you want to watch movies when you're back?"

"Sure."

------------------

Once she'd left I decided to look through the kitchen cupboards for food, after a while I decided I was going to attempt to bake cupcakes. We had all of the ingredients but I was too short to reach the top shelf where the kitchen scales were so I had to guess the amounts.

After adding what I hoped was the right amount of each ingredient I used an electric hand whisk to mix them together which of course resulted in a cloud of flour to fly into my face as well as chunks of cake batter. I powered through and divided the mix into cake cases and slid them into the oven; the kitchen counters housed splodges of cake batter as well as smears of flour.

I turned my attention to icing, mixing together the various elements whilst singing along to whatever song was playing on the radio.

"What's going on in here?" Emily spoke, her sudden words made me yelp slightly with a jump - startled.

"Fucking hell, you need to stop making me jump - I didn't hear you come back." My startled state made her laugh again, that infectious giggle.

"You're too easy to scare. You have flour on your face, you have made such a mess." She laughed, peering around the kitchen.

"I tried to make cupcakes."

"You're lucky you look cute." She spoke, seemingly shocked by her own words as she blushed with her eyebrows raised. She cleared her throat before saying, "I'm gonna take a shower, clean this up." Before she promptly left the room.

I smiled to myself as I took the cupcakes out of the oven, thinking about her comment - Emily Prentiss called me cute. If I was to ever bring it up again I'm pretty sure it would be my last day on earth. 

Once the cakes had cooled I topped them with icing - what I had envisioned as a swirl resembled more of a splodge but I'm sure they taste okay.

As I was finishing up cleaning the counters Emily came down from her shower, a clean hoodie on with leggings and damp hair. "You wanna order pizza?"

"Oh my god, yes."

"You like the one with veggies right?" She queried, smiling at my slightly overly enthusiastic response. I nodded with a smile and she put the order through. "Do I want to try one of these or are they gonna be gross?" She asked, pointing towards the questionable looking cupcakes.

"I'm not sure actually."

She picked one up and took a bite, her face scrunching slightly as she chewed. "You know what? They're not that bad but I think you may have put too much sugar."

"I couldn't reach the scales." I pouted, knowing what was coming.

"Oh, shortstack. They're not that bad, just a small issue." She spoke as though she was a comedic genius.

"You are so funny." I deadpanned. "I'm not even that short."

Not much later the pizza was delivered and we ate whilst watching back to back movies; this had become our regular activity to do. Something we have in common is our love for films and books, it's a shame we didn't bond over it sooner but I guess it's better late than never.