Pain Relief

honestly made an excuse to write filth lmao 
warnings - bit of angst, smut; dom/sub dynamics, strap use, choking, degradation, mommy kink, slapping, spit kink, edging, slight overstimulation

"A row house in Dupont Circle. Wow." Penelope smiled looking to you and Emily at your desks, JJ perched on the edge of yours as you conversed.

"I can't believe we're doing it. I mean, it's probably not gonna work out anyway, right?" Emily responded nervously.

"There are 5 other sealed bids, and we offered way below what the owners are asking." You added.

"Uh huh. Sounds to me like someone's hoping they don't get it." JJ responded teasingly as you all headed over to the briefing room and you swallowed thickly at the fact that there's a little truth to what she said.

"Orthophobia - fear of owning personal property." Spencer stated.

"No, I don't have a fear of owning stuff. Turn me loose in a shoe store, I'll prove that. My fear is personal property that weighs 300 tons." Emily responded with a laugh and you couldn't help but smile at her comment.

"Actually, depending on materials used, square footage and horizontal versus vertical construction the average house only weighs about 60 tons."

"Well, thanks for that, Reid."

"I feel light as a bird already." You murmured, taking a seat beside her at the table.

"What have we got, baby girl?" Derek asked Penelope as she stood at the front of the room.

"Thank you, sir. We have a killing in Enid, Oklahoma. And not the capital punishment one you are thinking of right now. I'm talking about a woman named Cara Smith, who was murdered in her apartment minutes after the execution of Rodney Garrett."

"Neighbors saw her front door open and discovered the body. Look familiar?" Hotch chimed in, pointing to the photos on the screen.

"Young, pretty, short blond hair." JJ spoke.

"And stabbed directly through the heart."

"That's exactly the way Garrett killed his victims. So are we looking at a copycat?" You suggested.

"Or someone creating doubt the right person was executed."

"In Garrett's case there was no doubt. His guilt was the slam dunk of all slam dunks. Prints, DNA, a confession." Rossi spoke.

"He even led the police to where he buried two of his victims."

"Garrett killed 25 women before he was caught. If this new unsub is a copycat, the body count's just started."

"Which is why we can't waste time. Wheels up in 30."

You barely paid attention on the jet ride, anxious feelings swarming your body as you fell deep into thought. The rest of the day was a blur of overthinking, a numb sadness washing over your skin as you barely kept your focus on the case. Things felt heavy today and you just wanted to shut your brain off.

You sat on the edge of the hotel bed with a sigh, kicking your shoes off and throwing your blazer across the room, haphazardly landing on your bag. You stared down at your fidgeting hands, mindlessly picking at the skin around your thumb as your head felt so painfully busy, you only became aware of Emily calling your name when she knelt down in front of you with a worried look on her face.

"What? Sorry, didn't hear you." You apologised, fiddling with her fingers now as she held onto your hand.

"I was asking if you were okay. Which obviously you're not. Is it about the house, what can I do?"