Pasta 101

A/N - canon dialogue used from season 7 episode 2 
Warnings - smut; mommy kink, mirror sex ig

Waking up beside Emily couldn't feel more perfect. The warm hold her arm had, draped across your waist keeping you as close to her as physically possible, her even breaths tickling the back of your neck from where she hugged you from behind.

 She'd always had a habit of waking up thirsty in the middle of the night, venturing out to grab a glass of water and in the past few days she'd been staying with you she'd used this time to flick the lamp off and leave a sufficient space in the curtains. She'd check you were deeply sleeping beforehand, making sure you'd awake to the sunlight bouncing around the room; she was always ready to turn the lamp back on however just in case.

Since her return your sleep has been a little bit better, something soothing about how she held you, idly drawing shapes over your skin until you drifted off and you've been fortunate enough to forego any nightmares the last few nights only plagued by broken and restless sleep. You're sure it wouldn't last forever but the temporary peace is welcomed.

You pried yourself out from under Emily's arm to climb out of bed, hearing her grumble slightly in her sleep before hugging a pillow close to her body as a replacement; it was impossible not to smile at the way her face squished and strands of her hair messily poked out in various directions. 

You'd woken before the work alarm just staring up at the ceiling before you grew bored, shuffling to the kitchen for breakfast. You put the coffee on to brew for yourself whilst boiling water for Emily's herbal tea as she'd chosen to quit caffeine to help her relax more, something she'd advised you to do but in all honesty coffee is the only thing helping to combat your crappy sleeping pattern. You'd fear falling asleep at your desk without the caffeine fix.

You set the steaming mugs aside as you buttered a couple of slices of toast, scratching Sergio behind his ears as you poured some food into his bowl. You leaned tiredly against the kitchen counter, one hand holding your head up and the other lifting the toast to your mouth biting it with a crunch. Your mind wandered everywhere yet nowhere in particular as you focused in on Sergio preening his fur, gentle arms and a chin on your shoulder the only thing to bring you back to reality. 

"Morning, you okay?" Emily asked, leaving a peck on your shoulder, taking a bite out of the toast you lifted to her lips.

"Yeah, are you?" And you wished your answer was the entire truth, perhaps she wouldn't notice, maybe she wouldn't catch on to your blatant deflection. Of course she did, she's Emily Prentiss, but she'd leave you be for now.

"I'm good, love." She answered, another few kisses to your shoulder and to your neck. She knew if there was something wrong you'd bottle it up and up and up so hoped making you feel loved and reassured would be enough for now. She'd wait for you to open up with arms wide open for you, her shoulder reserved for you to cry on if you so needed. 

"I'm glad." You smiled, turning to press your lips to hers before you both happily sipped on your drinks.

"I can't believe I converted you to sweet coffee." She laughed, looking as perfect as ever despite being asleep fifteen minutes ago. You gulped the last of your milky coffee with Splenda with a smile before turning to pour some more, missing the concerned furrow of a brow from your girlfriend.

"It's good, tastes like you." You shrugged and her stomach flipped at your offhand comment, such a casualness about your love for her, such effortless adoration she'd never once received, she was pleased to replicate the feelings. "Well, I guess it doesn't now - maybe you'll convert me to chamomile tea."

"I'll take that as a challenge." She muttered as you leaned against her, lips falling to her neck from your height difference, just gentle pecks that set her skin alight. You reached up to meld your lips with hers, quick kisses before you hurried to get ready for her first day officially back at the BAU, having spent more time wrapped up in one another than you'd meant.