Tonight And Then The Rest Of Time

case and some dialogue from s7 ep 23 'run'

Smoke filled the air, debris and glass scattered across the streets as bodies that had been blown back from the explosion started to come to, JJ and Derek climbed up from where they lay.

"Where's Will, did he get outta there?" She asked, looking around in a panic as Penelope and Rossi hurried to them from inside the surveillance hut.

"Where's Emily? And Y/N?" Derek spoke, looking around and not seeing either of you, he ran after JJ as she sprinted off into the building with her torch out in front of her.

"Will?" She shouted, collapsed building and small pockets of flames around them.

"Emily? Y/N?" Derek shouted, both of them checking the pulses of multiple lifeless bodies they passed. "Emily?"

"Over here." She coughed, JJ and Derek hurrying over to where she was sat beside an older couple.

"You all right?" JJ asked her.

"Yeah. They were hiding back here."

"Can we move them?"

"Yeah, with help. He's unconscious."

"Just let me stay with him. Please." The woman muttered.

"I can't find Will. Have you seen him?"

"He might be down below. We're gonna get you out of here."

"He's my love of 66 years. My story." The woman spoke softly and Emily couldn't help but think of you.

"Where's Y/N?" She asked, moving towards them when she saw another agent coming to help the couple.

"I'm not sure." Derek answered her.

"What do you mean, you're not sure? Did you see her out there? She went in through a different entrance."

"She might be below, we'll go and look." JJ answered.

When they hadn't found you in the basement of the building they assumed - hoped - that you'd made it out or that you hadn't yet gone into the building when the explosion went off. Everybody headed to the surveillance room apart from Emily who was frantically looking over the swarms of people for you, bumping into people as she made her way through. When she didn't see you she ran to the others, wishing for you to already be with them and waiting for her.

"Is she in here?" She spoke, out of breath when she stepped into the door.

"She's not out there?" JJ returned worriedly as the others grew concerned of your whereabouts.

"No, she - I can't find her." She shook her head, swallowing thickly. "I need to go in to find her I-"

"Emily, you can't go back in it's too dangerous."

You woke up with a harsh cough, smoke filling your lungs and sweat beading on your forehead from the nearby flames, a stinging pain against your forehead. The ground beneath you crunched as you tiredly moved your body, rolling over onto your back and wincing in pain as glass scraped across your hand when you pushed yourself up.

Your ears were ringing slightly, the commotion outside was muffled and you grabbed onto anything you could reach to keep your aching body upright as you struggled towards the only gap to the outside world you could see. You shuffled yourself over, stretching out your muscles as best you could before climbing through, annoyingly scraping your arm on the way out.

You took a deep inhale of the finally clear air as you struggled up, achily walking over to where you hoped the others were - the thought of making sure Emily was okay hurrying your movements. You smiled to yourself at the sound of her angry shouts.