Split

A/N - soz for the delay - here's two chapters for u :)
Also, the canon dialogue at the beginning might not be given to the right ppl but just go with it idk - and there's no Seaver bc I couldn't be bothered to write her in :/

"Unnecessary. There's too much blood and gore and ew." Penelope spoke with a shudder, the four of you were walking down the street after watching a movie at the cinema. It was the first time you'd done anything other than going to work and sitting at home for over a month and the others were glad for you to finally take them up on an offer.

"Garcia, it's a slasher film. How do you do a slasher film without violence?" Derek laughed.

" You imply it."

"Baby, the movie is called 'Slice 6.' What were you expecting?" 

"A refreshing beverage with a twist of comedy. I'm gonna have nightmares for a week."

"With everything that we do and see on a daily basis, that got to you?" You spoke, trying to make yourself seem more into the conversation than you truly were; you honestly hadn't felt like going with them but Penelope was insistent due to your absence at any other nights out. You just wanted to go home and cuddle with Sergio - the last time you'd been here was on your first date with Emily.

"Listen, Y/N/N, you may be all Sigourney Weaver ass-kicking tough, which is awesome, but the mystical mavens of innocence like myself jump at things that go bump in the night." Penelope giggled.

"Why are you worried? I'm sure that Morgan will protect you. As long as he's not jumping out of his chair like a prepubescent schoolgirl." Spencer teased. 

"The only reason I jumped is 'cause you guys woke me up."

"How could you sleep during that?" 

Your mind drifted out of their talking as you walked down the pavement, getting lost in your thoughts as has become the norm for you in your mourning. The streetlights reflected off the ground, the familiar route you walked hand in hand with Emily a few months prior, the smell of the coffee cart you'd wandered past wafting over to you. 

A familiar sight snapped you back into reality, vaguely hearing the musings of your coworkers. 

"Guys, I'm gonna head off." You uttered catching their attention.

"Okay, are you okay?" Penelope answered, she'd been looking at you with slight concern from your recent behaviour but put it down to the addition of Emily's death as well as not fully working through your 'post-kidnap' emotions. 

"Yeah, I just wanna take a different route home - I'll see you all tomorrow." You waved, not waiting for a response before running across the road before any cars got in the way. They shouted goodbyes after you before continuing on their way.

The change of season into spring had lightened the evening skies slightly, a mid grey accompanying a light breeze. It was warmer than the last time you were here but the evening chill still had you pulling your jacket closer to your body as you took a seat on the bench. It felt odd to not feel Emily's body beside you, her arm holding you closely to warm you up. It felt wrong.

Greek Mythology describes humans as first existing with four arms, four legs and two heads. There was a time where the Gods were threatened of human's power, their hubris so they conjured a way to restore the balance they craved without the threat of humans ruling in their place. 

They couldn't destroy humankind as this would mean they'd lose the praise and tributes humans gave them. Instead, Zeus split them in two, punishing them for their pride and doubling the population in the process. 

They were left in unimaginable agony, drenched in pain and sorrow until Apollo took pity and sewed them up to ease their pain. The only physical reminder of the old form was the navel and they forever longed for their soul and physical other half.

There would be a burning desire to be completed with their other half, soul yearning to be complete. According to the myth, when the two halves would be united once more there'd be a silent understanding, a feeling of unison and no greater joy.

You'd think of this and think of Emily. You never thought you'd feel yourself buying into the stories surrounding soulmates, never believed you could find anybody who felt like another part of you. Until her. 

Even when your interactions were full of bickering and petty comments you couldn't imagine your days without her, she was an integral part of your days. You remember her being off sick for a couple of days and found the work day extremely boring, you longed to be near her in some kind of way and you hated yourself for how long it took for you to realise she was perfect for you. 

You felt so lost, so empty without her. A part of you was missing, split in two. You realised she was part of you much too late and now that part of you was gone. 

She had left you incomplete.