Back To Work

One week later...

Y/N'S POV

It's my first day back at work and to say I was dreading it would be an understatement, we were having a paperwork day today and even if the team were called on a case I haven't been officially given the all clear to be back in the field

So, to show my enthusiasm to be stuck doing files on my first day back I decided to stop for coffee on the drive over. I don't know everyone's coffee orders so just got a couple of plain black coffees so they can add to it themselves.

The ding of the elevator sounded as the doors slid open before I took my first steps back into the BAU since before the undercover case - thirty minutes late, carrying seven cups of coffee balanced on my arms and my bag slung over my shoulder.

"Look who decided to turn up." Derek laughed, looking up from whatever he was writing, the heads of the others flicking upwards to look up at me - all looking relieved from a distraction from their paperwork.

"You really think I'd rush here to do paperwork?" I smiled back. "I brought coffee." I announced, Rossi coming over to me and taking some of them from me. 

"Oh my God you're back!" Penelope shouted rushing over to me, the click of her heels sounding throughout the bullpen. "And you look so much better." She added softly, smiling as she observed my face. The bruise that once painted my cheek was almost completely gone, the cut now just a scratch and the split in my lip almost completely healed over.

"Yep. And I brought you some coffee." I answered holding the cup out to her.

"Did you remember my order?" She smiled as she took it from me, not expecting me to have remembered her complicated drink.

"Um yes, half caf extra shot venti two pump non fat hold the whip caramel macchiato."

"You truly are an angel." She laughed, I just shrugged my shoulders in agreement.

"Derek, here's your caramel latte. And Davey, here's your black coffee." I spoke handing them out. "The others are black too just to add what you want." I added handing one to Hotch who had appeared from his office and another to Spencer, both of them taking the cups with a smile.

I went back to my desk, placing my bag down before standing beside Emily's desk across from mine and placing her cup beside her open files with a smile. "Milk and Splenda." I whispered.

"Thanks, it's good to see you." She whispered back, we'd only seen each other once in the last week as the team had been on a case.

"You too Prentiss." I smirked as she rolled her eyes, we'd decided to act as though things hadn't changed between us whilst at work; both for our own amusement and to not complicate things. I took my seat opposite her, wheeling my chair under my desk only to look up to be greeted with her holding her middle finger up at me with a smirk.

I bit my lip to hold back a laugh, raising my hand to pretend to rub my forehead but instead discretely raising a middle finger right back at her. Looking to her, we shared a smile of amusement before digging into the piles of manila folders staring back at us. 

Time seemed to move in slow motion as my eyes grazed over words, pen scratching against the paper in a scribble as I filled out various elements of the files, eyes threatening to close in boredom as the hours ticked on. What felt like at least 10 hours had only been just over 2 and I could just rest my head on the desk and doze off. 

A ball of paper hitting me on the side of the head shocked me out of my bored thoughts, head snapping up from where it was resting on my hand and looking to my right from where it flew from. Derek had a grin on his face, proud at his aim whilst Spencer and Emily quietly laughed at my expression.