Day Two

Y/N'S POV

I woke up in a strangely warm and comfortable position, I blinked my eyes open a few times trying to adjust to the light coming through the window as my mind became aware of where I was. Emily's arm was holding tightly onto my waist, her hand flat against my stomach. Her body was pressed against my back as we must have grown even closer during the night.

I lay still for a few minutes trying to think of what to do; should I wake her up or just try and escape without disturbing her? Either way it's going to be an awkward situation.

A couple of minutes later she began to stir behind me, her arm loosening around my waist as she woke up. Her arm quickly moved away from me as I presume she realised she was cuddling me still and had become as close as physically possible during our sleep. She moved away from me to lie on her back so I took this opportunity to get up.

"Morning." She spoke slightly sheepishly as I moved too quickly to get off the bed. In my movements my foot got caught in the bedsheets and I lost my balance, falling straight to the floor.

"Ow." I grumbled from the ground as I heard loud laughter coming from Emily, her face appeared over the side of the bed looking down at me still chuckling. "Good morning Prentiss." I spoke up to her, smiling at my own clumsiness.

"Enjoy your trip?" She smirked down to me, I just put my middle finger up at her in response.

"Has anyone ever told you that you should be a comedian?" I deadpanned with an eyeroll.

"Yes actually."

"Well, they were lying."

"Coffee?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Sure."

"Go and make us some then." She smirked, throwing a pillow at me on the floor.

"Bitch." I muttered in a mock sneer, laughing as I did so - throwing the pillow at her head as I stood up and went downstairs to prepare some coffee. A few minutes later she came into the kitchen, her hair thrown into a loose bun on top of her head a large hoodie over her body and some leggings. "Here, I didn't know how you like your coffee so I just left it black for you to add whatever you want." I spoke as I placed the mug in front of where she sat at the kitchen counter.

"Thanks." She returned as she added milk and a hefty amount of Splenda.

"Do you want any coffee to go with your Splenda, Prentiss?"

"Don't judge just because you're weird and don't put anything in your coffee." She countered.

"I don't need to add anything - I'm sweet enough already." I smirked, earning a scoff and an eye roll in response.

"We'll have to get ready for the gathering thing soon, I didn't realise we'd slept in so much."

I glanced at the clock seeing it was just past 11am, we were talking after my nightmare at around 2am and I'd had a surprisingly peaceful nights sleep afterwards. "Yeah, I actually slept well which is weird."

"So did I." She returned, a slight blush rising in her cheeks and I could feel mine redden too - she cleared her throat in the silence and spoke again. "We should check in with the team and see if they have any ideas to gain information today, maybe see if they've found anything out."

"Yeah, sounds good. I'll go and get dressed, be back in a sec."

I had a quick shower and changed into tight jeans, a fitted t shirt and an oversized flannel shirt, planning to add a jacket later to combat the autumn chill. As I was changing I thought about how much mine and Emily's relationship has changed already - it was weird. I guess we never really tried to get to know each other before but we're surprisingly getting along quite well. We might even, albeit rather slowly, be becoming friends.