Don't Slip Away

Warnings - tiny bit of angst, smut
also it's a little long so i hope it's okay :) - also, i don't know how long after emily being back the hearing thing was but this is straight after where we left off in the last chapter - i'm just doing it as though emily came back like 1 or 2 days before but they've not had time alone because of the case and whatever, just pretend it makes sense please, thanks, ily <3

"Y/N, hey." Rossi spoke, catching your attention as you made your way back over to your desk; Emily was sitting there swinging in the chair talking to Penelope and no doubt snooping through your things.

"Rossi, what's up?" You smiled, making your way to stand beside him.

"How're you holdin' up? It must be weird with Emily back like this."

"I'm good, and for the first time in ages there's actually some truth in that." You laughed. "It's weird, it was such a shock and we've not been able to catch up much yet. I mean, she was only given her job back a couple hours ago - a lot has happened."

"It's been a crazy couple of days that's for sure." He laughed. "I know Reid and Morgan are having a hard time with it but are you, you know, mad? 'Cause you're pretty scary when you're angry." He smiled, receiving a light shove from you in response.

"I'm not mad - at anybody. JJ and Hotch had no reason to think I was as affected as I was and Emily had no choice. I can't even imagine being angry, Emily was in danger and I would do anything, go through anything to keep her safe. All I wanted was her and now she's back things feel like they're falling into place again." You smiled, tears brimming in your eyes at the overwhelm of the past couple of days.

"I'm glad, you deserve to be happy, you both do. I can see the love in her eyes when she looks at you, it's so clear. Let her love you, let yourself love her in return, don't let anything get in the way of what you have."

"I can't tell whether love advice from the man who's been married fifteen times is good or bad." You teased making him gasp with a loud chuckle.

"Uh, three times actually. You've spent too much time with Emily." 

"Maybe." You shrugged, smiling as you looked over at the sound of Emily's laugh, her head thrown back as she chuckled at something JJ had said. Her dress looked beautiful on her, the floral design against her skin, her long legs cross over one another.  She glanced over to you, her grin only growing wider as her eyes met with yours giving you a subtle wink. 

The two of you made your way over there, your hand resting on the back of her chair with your fingers lightly grazing against the skin of her arm whilst hers subtly fell to your leg. In just the hours you'd been in one another's presence physical touch had been pretty much constant, trying to make up for the lack of contact for the past months, almost scared she'd disappear.

"Your drawer is filled with empty Skittles wrappers." She laughed, your face warming in embarrassment, she found it rather adorable though and may or may not have had a Skittles dependency the past few months too.

"Yeah, I'd rather not talk about that addiction thank you. The orange ones are in there by the way." You pointed to the jar you'd collected them in only making her giggle more.

"But the orange ones are the best flavour." Penelope muttered with a pout, looking at you both like you were crazy.

"Take them." You laughed, handing the jar over, everybody amused at the bright smile that plastered over her face.

"Drinks? On me of course." Rossi voiced, earning eager nods from you, Emily, JJ and Penelope.

--------------------