Day Fourteen

A/N - Hey!! I just wanted to say that Y/N is meant to be almost completely free of any descriptive characteristics apart from that she's female, 32 and that she's shorter than Emily but that was mostly for the jokes lol; so you can picture her as yourself or however you want. She's free to be any race, weight, any hair etc. I'm trying to keep clothing as general as possible too or just not mentioning it so you can cater to what you picture her as :)
That being said, if I ever accidentally mention any descriptions that aren't: her height, age or gender then please comment so I can edit it!
Also, she's 32 to go with Emily's canon age which at this point would have been 40 as it's season 6. AND thanks to everyone who's been reading, ily.

Y/N'S POV

I slowly woke up to the sound of hushed talking, prying my eyes open after what felt like the best night's sleep - especially after the past few days. My eyelids still felt slightly heavy and my body held a gentle ache but I felt more refreshed than I'd expected.

"Look who's awake." Rossi spoke from beside me, greeting me with a smile as my eyes pried open against the harsh sunlight blaring through the window.

"Afternoon Y/N/N." Derek smirked from his seat next to Rossi.

I pulled myself into a seated position on the bed, wincing from a few twinges of pain as I did. "You're all here." I answered smiling, voice low and groggy from sleep.

"Is that okay? Is it too much too soon? Or-" Penelope started.

"Pen, it's fine. It's nice - a nice change, thank you." I smiled looking at my team members, making soft eye contact with Emily. "What time is it?"

"It's 12:30PM sleepyhead." Derek informed, making Emily hold in a giggle as I scowled at his nickname.

"Sorry. Have you all been watching me sleep?" I asked receiving a few slightly sheepish looks and smiles.

"In our defence bella, we hadn't seen you for a few days. We wanted to stay with you as much as we could." Rossi smiled, placing his hand on my arm with a slight stroke of his thumb across my skin, falling straight into a fatherly role.

"Yep, my eyes haven't left your pretty little face since 9AM this morning." Penelope giggled, though she was being almost completely serious. The others laughed slightly though I could tell they'd all been doing the same.

"Despite it being a little creepy, it means a lot. It's definitely a nicer view to wake up to." I smiled, looking to Emily who grinned back at me with a discrete wink. I felt myself blush at her actions, looking over everyone else's faces instead and observing their soft smiles. "I happen to remember the mention of pasta last night." 

"Ah, yes. Pasta di Rossi, just how you like it." He spoke, placing a Tupperware box of pasta onto the hospital table over the bed along with a fork.

"You're the best Davey." I smiled, digging in to the meal. "So fucking good." I spoke with my mouth full, not the best manners but it was just that delicious, the others laughed at my action though a couple of faces held slight grimaces. Emily smiled largely at me, shaking her head slightly from where she sat near the end of my bed next to Hotch. Penelope sat on my right with Spencer beside her, Rossi and Derek on my left. It made me smile to see them all again.

"Did you know that the average person in North America eats about 15 pounds of pasta each year?" Spencer spoke.

"Actually I did. Did you know that the average person in Italy eats about 51 pounds a year?" I returned, earning a couple of giggles.

"I forgot you can almost outsmart Reid." Emily chuckled.

"Almost? I bet you a Starbucks that I have more pasta facts in my head than Reid."