Day Four

A/N - heyyyyyy - just a short one for day 4 of their undercover case

Y/N'S POV

Emily and I had slept next to each other again but I awoke to an empty bed, a dull ache within my skull and a stuffed nose. My eyes groggily opened and I sat up, slightly dizzily before sneezing. "Ugh." I muttered to myself, my head felt as though it was full and bursting at the seams, my nose and eyes were streaming.

I followed the scent of coffee to the kitchen, though I could hardly smell it through the congestion, and found Emily standing over a large pot she was stirring. "Morning."

"Afternoon." She smirked as she turned to look at me, looking at the clock I saw it was almost 1pm.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I didn't realise it was so late, you should have woken me."

"It's all good don't worry, Hotch said for us to take it easy today while you're sick. And I did try and wake you but all I got was a grumble and you disappeared under the blankets so." She laughed. "I thought you could use the rest, you kinda look like shit - no offence."

"Some taken but fair enough, I certainly feel shit." I retorted as I grabbed some painkillers from the cupboard and took them with a few sips of coffee. "What are you making there?"

"Magic soup." She smiled.

"Magic huh?"

"Yep, I make it every time I'm sick and by the next day I'm pretty much cured. You don't call me Ramsey for nothing."

"I guess I don't." I laughed. "I think it was one of those gross children running around the other day that got me sick."

"Probably. Go and sit in there or something and rest."

"Prentiss, it's fine I can do some work or something. I'm sure there's files or someth-"

"Stop, just go and sit and watch TV or something and rest - Hotch's orders." She interrupted, a stern look on her face. I huffed in annoyance but walked to the living room, throwing myself on the sofa.

I flicked to a random TV channel, barely able to pay attention to the screen in my tired and sluggish state. Before long my eyes grew heavy and difficult to keep open, like my eyelids had been weighed down; they slowly blinked closed as sleep took over.

I don't know quite how long had passed before Emily was gently shaking me awake, a delicate hand on my shoulder. I was still quite sleepy beneath the blanket that must have been placed over me by her but I blinked my eyes open as best I could. "Hey, wake up." She spoke softly, a soft and gentle voice I'd not heard before.

"Leave me alone, I can take care of myself when I'm sick." I grumbled, mostly due to being annoyed at my nap being interrupted.

"I know you can. I don't want to take care of you because I think you can't, I just want to help you. So shut up, sit up and eat this." She returned as I slowly sat upright, taking the bowl of soup from her hands - our fingers brushing lightly.

"Thank you, Prentiss." I spoke sheepishly, as big a smile I could muster on my mouth. She gave a smile and a slight nod before sitting at the other end of the sofa, bowl of soup in hand as she turned her attention towards whatever was on the TV screen. I took a spoonful of the soup and hummed in delight at the taste. "This is so fucking good."

"Thanks Y/N." She smiled, I was slightly taken aback at the use of my first name but it felt good to hear from her.

Once we had both finished I gathered up our bowls to take to the kitchen, once I was in there I made us a mug of tea each. I took my seat beside her, accidentally closer to her than usual, and passed her the mug which she took with a smile. As the time passed on I grew tired again, I turned to the side slightly to rest my head on the back of the chair.

"We're kind of friends now right?" I questioned in my delirium, exhaustion from my illness coursing through me, my words held a slight slur in my tiredness.

"Yeah, I think so - do you?" She responded softly.

"Mhm" I uttered with a nod, eyes beginning to close. I moved my head to rest on her shoulder which tensed up at first until she relaxed into the contact. "You're comfy."

"Good to know." She laughed, I felt her shoulder move slightly as she did so and heard her laugh clearly due to how close we were.

"Your laugh is nice too." I slurred, sleep beginning to win the fight; her hand gently stroked my hair as my eyes started to drift shut.

"So is yours. Now shush and go to sleep, we've got a busy day tomorrow."

"Yes chef." I mumbled, lazily raising my arm with all the energy I could scrounge up to give her a mock salute.

"Idiot." She giggled - the last thing I heard before I fell into a deep sleep.