Valentine's Day

Y/N'S POV

"Hey Y/L/N, got any plans for tonight? Any valentine's lovin'?" Derek asked, shouting over from his desk as he cleared his desk to leave for the night, trademark smirk on his face.

"Uh, no. Have you?" I smiled back, lying of course as Emily had something planned for us at her apartment.

"Me and Garcia are heading straight to the bar, maybe find someone there." He grinned. "You should come with us, you too Prentiss."

"Sure, I could do with a drink." Emily answered before I had chance to, giving me a subtle smile before I nodded and we both sorted out our things, pulling our jackets on to head out.

I looked at her with a pout when I knew no one else would see, she only giggled at the expression as she knew I just wanted to go to hers. 

"Aw, don't pout love. We don't have to stay out long." She cooed, using her index finger and thumb to pinch my cheeks, my lips pouting out even more at the action. She pressed a chaste kiss against them before smirking at me and walking towards where the others where waiting for the elevator.  

I followed with a sigh, cheeks feeling warm from her touch; the flustered feeling only increased during the elevator ride when a certain raven haired woman's hand squeezed my ass.

I covered up my shocked gasp with a cough much to her amusement, arrogant smile never wavering as Penelope asked if I was okay. 

The bar was plastered with cringe worthy decorations; red streamers, giant red hearts, hideous cupid sculptures hanging from the ceiling - it was like St Valentine himself walked into the bar, threw up and left. 

The majority of the tables sat two people - some of which looked as though they were on their first dates; nervous eye contact and awkward silences. The dance floor was already heaving with strangers dancing with one another, personal space seemingly a foreign concept as bodies pressed together, uncoordinated and offbeat dancing as they fumbled around in the dimly lit room; the darkness only lit up by the tacky strobe lights blaring from above.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Daniel Bedingfield began to play from the speakers, the DJ calling all the couples to dance and the upbeat dancing quickly changing into a sea of people holding onto each other and swaying side to side.

"Not a fan of Valentine's day, Y/N?" Emily asked with a smirk, she knew I wasn't a fan and that I was only swayed by her when she promised a movie marathon and sex.

"Not particularly." I deadpanned.

"Aw, the BAU's very own resident love Grinch." Penelope laughed as Derek distributed the cocktails he'd brought back from the bar.

"Yikes." I muttered at the sight of the drinks, a bright red concoction topped with pink candyfloss and heart shaped sprinkles, straw with a heart shaped loop poking through the top. I heard a snort of laughter from Emily beside me as I stared at it wide eyed, barely holding back a grimace at the over the top beverage.

"The bar's Valentine special." Derek informed taking a sip.

"Maybe the candy floss will soften up that cold, dead heart you've got." Emily teased, chuckles sounding from Penelope of course.

We fell into idle chit chat, I sipped on the cocktail and its overly sweet contents, hints of strawberry and vanilla with the alcoholic burn from the vodka. It provided a gentle buzz from how strong it was, gentle enough for me to still be able to drive to Emily's.

I excused myself to the bathroom, weaving my way through the sweaty people dancing together. As I was washing my hands the door swung open, Emily in her work clothes stepping through, her white shirt unbuttoned slightly to be less formal, the long sleeves pushed up her arms.