Day Ten

Y/N'S POV

"Ew. Oh my god!" Emily groaned, a grimace across her face making me hold back a giggle.

"What?"

"I just took a sip of your gross fucking coffee by accident." She replied, taking a few gulps of her own coffee to counteract the bitter taste. "How do you drink that? It's like bitter and gross and disgusting."

"Descriptive." I laughed. "Does this taste better?" I asked, smirking as I leaned in a pressed a kiss on her lips. I pulled back and she was smiling, a light blush over her cheeks.

"It does." She nodded, grinning. "Do you know what would taste even better? Pizza from that place just down the street."

I chuckled at her statement, "Do you wanna go and get some?"

She scrunched her nose slightly at my question and produced the fakest yawn I've ever heard before shrugging slightly. "I guess so." Making me giggle again.

"Do you want me to go and get us some?" I asked, she lit up as I said this and nodded with a smile. "You're such an idiot."

"Yeah, yeah. Work smarter not harder." She added, breaking into a laugh at my look of disbelief - I laughed along with her shaking my head.

"Fine. I feel like a walk anyway, I should only be about thirty minutes." I got up and put on some shoes, pulling on the only jacket in sight which was one of Emily's. "I'll see you in a bit, you want your usual?"

"Yep. Please. See you soon, be safe." She smiled, walking to me and pressing a quick kiss on my lips.

I made my way out of the house and started walking toward the entrance to the gated community; the pizza place was only about a ten minute walk and the weather was pleasant for a stroll. Autumnal leaves were crunching beneath my feet and each exhale of breath appeared in front of my face in a light mist.

Before I'd walked too far I saw one of our neighbours, he was messing with something under the hood of his car - he seemed to be struggling with whatever he was looking at, brows scrunched together in confusion.

"Hey neighbour!" I shouted out to him, cringing internally at my false neighbourly tone.

"Hi Y/N." He waved as I grew closer to him standing beside his car.

"Everything okay?"

"Just having some problems with this damn engine! I'm sure you've got better things to be doing than helping me."

"It's okay, I can spare a few minutes to help." I smiled taking a closer look.

"I think there's some tools in the trunk, could you take a look and bring them to me?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah sure." I answered, making my way to the back of the car and popping the trunk open. When it opened I saw it was empty apart from occasional leaves, a dusting of dried mud and general dirt matted into the carpet. "There's nothing in here, mayb-" I was interrupted by a sharp blow to the side of my head.

It disoriented me, dizziness blurring my vision as I staggered sideways slightly grabbing onto the car. "What are you doi-" I stuttered out before another sharp hit attacked my skull turning my vision black.

Emily's POV

Seeing Y/N in my jacket before she left made me smile to myself, we've grown close over the past ten days and I couldn't be happier. Kissing her feels right, the cliched butterflies always swarming in my stomach as our lips meet.

I don't entirely know what it is I'm feeling for her, the situation is complicated and has taken a dramatic turn; it's much too nuanced to simply define. But what I do know is that I enjoy being with her, spending time with her and she makes me feel happy; she makes me laugh and smile and we have so much more in common than I'd ever have thought.

Once she left I switched the radio on and sung along to the music as I tidied around and cleaned up the kitchen and living area; it didn't take long so I thought I'd have run a bath.

The water was warm and relaxing, floral scented bubble bath soft on my skin as I closed my eyes and sunk into the water. I smiled to myself at the thought of Y/N though grew impatient and wanted her back soon so I could kiss her - it has quickly become one of my favourite things to do.

Time passed quickly, quicker than I'd thought, as I relaxed in the bathtub. By the time I was dried and dressed into some sweatpants and a hoodie it had been 45 minutes and Y/N still wasn't back.

I sat on the sofa and watched TV for around twenty minutes, worry increasing slightly as she still wasn't back. I dialled her number and groaned as I heard it ringing in the kitchen, she'd left it behind and I guess I couldn't be too mad as she was only going ten minutes down the street.

I decided to wait a little longer before I did anything else - maybe she'd run into one of our neighbours and been held up? Time passed achingly slowly, I couldn't focus on what was playing on the screen in front of me as I nervously bounced my leg, chewing the nail on my thumb. Once it was nearing on two hours I knew something wasn't right, an anxiousness grew in my stomach as I feared something terrible may have happened.

I picked up my phone and dialled. "SSA Hotchner."

"Hey Hotch, it's me." I spoke with a slight sigh, nervousness seeping through into my voice.

"Emily, is everything okay?"

"I think Y/N might be in danger. She went out to pick up some food almost two hours ago but she's not back and her phone is still here."

"Shit, okay." He spoke sounding concerned. "Guys, get ready to head out. We need to get to Emily right away - get Garcia too." He shouted out to the others, moving the phone away from his face slightly so quieten his voice. "We'll be there in around thirty minutes okay?"

"Thanks Hotch."

"Keep your phone on and stay inside, we'll see you soon." He stated before hanging up. I released a shaky sigh, growing more anxious by the second as the front door stayed closed, just hoping Y/N would walk through and have some crazy story about why she took so long.

I anxiously awaited the team's arrival, perking up at the sound of the front door opening though deflating slightly as I saw the group walk in and not her.

"Hey Emily, still no sign of Y/N?" Hotch asked as the others looked on with hopefulness across their faces, sinking when I shook my head.

"No, the place she was walking to is ten minutes away. She's been gone over two hours. I should have gone with her but-"

"Emily, this is not your fault. Nobody could have known something would happen especially in such a short amount of time - the whole reason you two were here is because you didn't seem to fit the unsub's type." Derek reassured me, Penelope giving me a hug helping to ease her flustered state.

"Garcia can you look into everyone that lives here, I know we've looked already but maybe Emily could notice something based on what she's learned so far. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until tomorrow to conduct official interviews." Hotch spoke, his hand on his forehead in frustration as he paced slightly. Penelope hurriedly set up her laptop, typing away looking for information.

"I think the only silver lining right now is that we know the unsub keeps his victims for around a week so at least we know she's still alive." Spencer stated trying to reassure the group including himself as much as he can.

"I just hope she's not suffering too much." Rossi added solemnly, earning nods of agreement from the rest of us.

I felt nauseous at the thought of Y/N being in pain right now and helpless as we had no solid leads - no leads at all. All we could do for the evening was scour through any information we could find wishing and hoping that something, anything, could help us figure out who our unsub is.

A/N - oooo first bit of drama, does anyone have any ideas of who the unsub could be?? The case isn't the best as I came up with it myself but hopefully it'll make sense and add a bit of mystery to the story and something you could try and piece together :)))))