A BAU Christmas

Y/N'S POV

We arrived in New York for a case a few days ago and eventually caught the unsub last night, arriving back at the hotel late, just before it had started to snow.

What would usually be a beautiful view to wake up to actually wasn't; snow was flurrying through the sky, a thick layer blanketing the paths, resting on the branches of the few trees visible from my hotel room window. The usually busy roads were almost empty, only a few people walking bundled up in coats and scarves.

However, the snow had meant that driving wasn't safe so we'd been sitting around in the hotel restaurant all day waiting for it to clear so we could leave; I'd been reading one of Spencer's books, filling up on coffee and vending machine snacks. We'd been sitting round a table, all doing our own thing, mostly reading or conversing with one another - the seven of us just trying to pass the time.

As the evening dwindled on we were all growing bored and restless, Hotch's phone started to ring, leading him away from the table. We watched his stern face as he spoke, seeming to grow annoyed at whoever was talking on the other line, after a few minutes he walked back over to the table looking disheartened.

"Guys, I'm sorry, we can't get back tonight. The jet can't fly us in this weather."

"But it's Christmas tomorrow." Penelope frowned, Derek rubbing her back comfortingly with a frown on his face too. They'd both planned to go home to their families, planning on flying out yesterday but unable to due to the case.

"I know Garcia, I'm sorry but we should be able to fly out the day after tomorrow. I think we should head to bed now, it's getting late."

"We can have a nice Christmas together I'm sure." Rossi reassured the group with a soft smile.

"Yeah, I'm sure you could think of something fun to do Pen." I smiled to her, the others nodding along, her face instantly brightening.

"I'll put on my Christmas thinking cap. See you in the morning my little elves." She waved, everyone separating from each other with a 'goodnight'.

I waited just inside my door for a few minutes knowing that Emily would turn up, knuckles knocking against the wood softly. I opened the door right away, her smiling down to me with her hands behind her back, stepping into the room without anyone noticing her.

"Hey, Em. Whatcha got there?" I asked, a playful glint in her eye as she grinned.

"Two things actually. One." She spoke, holding out a giant bag of Skittles that we make sure to have if we watch movies together. "Red and green for you, purple and yellow for me."

"Of course, fuck the orange ones."

"I actually don't hate them." She returned sheepishly.

"Yeah me neither." I laughed, her laughing too. "Still not gonna eat them though, I'll just add to that jar at my apartment. What's the second thing?"

"This." She smirked, holding a sprig of mistletoe above my head.

"Where the fuck did you get that?" I giggled, hands grabbing onto her waist, tugging her towards me by her hoodie.

"The hotel lobby had a few hanging up." She shrugged.

"You mean I'm about to kiss and then have a Christmas movie marathon with a thief?" I gasped.

"Yep. Next thing to steal is your heart." She smiled, obviously biting back a laugh as she attempted to keep a serious face. I laughed at her comment, blushing slightly.