Ch 29: Awkward

Setting: Aika's room

Tokoyami: "What will I say?"

Dark Shadow: "Hey."

Tokoyami: "Gah! Shhh! Dark Shadow!"

Dark Shadow: "What are you still doing here? You have to leave."

Tokoyami: "Why?"

Dark Shadow: "She's asleep and you got what you wanted. She expressed her feelings about you and she kissed you."

Tokoyami: "You think I wanted this? This isn't what I want. I don't want her feelings to be expressed while she's intoxicated, because I'll never know if their true or not. And it wasn't my intention to have her kiss me like that. She was barely awake so it doesn't matter."

N: Dark Shadow looked at Aika who was still sleeping then looked back at Tokoyami. All Dark Shadow could do was shake his head then returned inside his body. Tokoyami sighed then got up and started looking around her room. He found some photos of Aika and her friends and beside one of the photos was a picture of a girl he's never met before. He picked up the photo and took out his phone and turned on his flash light.

Tokoyami: "I wonder if she's another friend."

N: Aika started to clutch on to her pillow then she started to breathe heavy. This got Tokoyami's attention, he put the photo back and turned off the light. Aika began to toss and turn then Tokoyami kneeled down and shook her lightly.

Aika: "N-No! S-Stop it! Stop it!" She said now hitting beside her pillow.

N: Tokoyami grabbed her wrist then she woke up and yelled a little and hit him a few times.

Tokoyami: "Amari! Amari! Stop! It's me. It's me." He said grabbing her wrist and shaking her.

N: She looked at him looking a little pale and her breath sounding shaky. He let go of her wrist and pushed her hair behind her ear then touched her cheek. Aika started to cry and sob.

Tokoyami: "Amari I'm sorry. Shhh, your safe. Your okay." He said as he pulled her close against his chest and began lightly rocking her.

N: Aika's sob's were small and quiet and kept stopping between breaths. She pressed her face against his chest and gripped his shirt and jacket tightly.

Tokoyami: "Everything's fine, I got you. Your gonna be alright."

N: Aika loosened her grip and moved back and looked Tokoyami in the eyes, as tears ran down her cheeks. She grabbed his hand and put it against her cheek and closed her eyes. Tokoyami grabbed a strand of her hair and let it fall out of his hand then Aika opened her eyes and more tears fell.

Aika: "What?"

Tokoyami: "Nothing. It just..upsets me to see you like this."

N: Aika let go of his hand and looked away causing him to put his hand on his leg.

Aika: "Well-" *Sniff* "I don't need your pity. Or to feel sorry for me."

Tokoyami: "Believe me that's not what I'm doing. I just care about you and your well being."

N: With those words she became red and more tears threatened to fall from her eyes, so she gritted her teeth. Tokoyami put his hand behind her head and put their heads together. Aika blushed harder and looked at him but his eyes were closed.

Aika: 'What is he doing? This is a little too close for comfort. But...why do I like it? His hair. It's so soft.'

N: He pulled away and opened his eyes then removed his hand from her head.