Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer

They were just above the dorm buildings, when they finally landed and walked up the path. Tokoyami looked down at Aika and she had fallen asleep. He continued down the path and went inside the building.

He heard everyone talking in the next room but ignored it to take Aika up to her dorm room. "She must be exhausted." Dark Shadow said looking worried. "She isn't even stirring, you think she's gonna be okay?"

"One can only hope Dark Shadow." He told his quirk. Dark Shadow opened the door for them and left. Tokoyami set her down on the bed and pulled a blanket over her. It didn't take him long to notice the tear stains left on her cheeks.

He sat on the bed beside her and caressed her cheek, and leaned over to nuzzle her head with his beak. And with that, he slowly got up to leave.

He stopped when there was a slight tug on his sleeve. Tokoyami looked over and saw Aika sitting up and looking up at him. Tears started to fill her eyes once more. "Where are you going?" She whimpered.

Tokoyami put his knee on the bed and threw the blanket over her and pulled her towards him, engulfing her into a hug. Aika yelped in surprise and slowly put her covered arms around his back. "Nowhere. I'm not going anywhere." 'Not unless you're right by my side or ask me to leave you.'

Aika took small deep breaths and hugged him tighter as if scared he would actually leave her alone. And she told herself that she's stupid to even question him. "Promise?" She whispered.

"On my life." His answer was enough to make her face turn red. "What can I do?" She pulled away and looked back at him. And his serious glare still lingered on his face. But she saw sincerity in his eyes and heard it in his voice.

"Just...Can we stay like this? Just for a bit longer?" He glanced behind her and grabbed the pillow and put it against the wall before scooting over and falling back against it. He patted the spot next to him, telling her to sit beside him. She scooted back and shared her blanket with him, she looked at Tokoyami and saw his stare soften more. And, she couldn't hide her small smile anymore.

She snuggled up against his chest as he put his arm around her. "Hey, what did you say when you met him?" Tokoyami glanced down at her and rubbed his thumb on her arm. "Nothing too revealing. He talked about his relationship with you, and he tried to give me relationship advice on how to attract women. He suggested I try his methods on getting their attention, by using my looks or my money."

"Pfft. Sounds like he hasn't changed one bit. He even tried that with me, no matter how many times I said no he tried to get me to go out with him by flaunting his money around. Or even flirting his way into my head." Aika's brief smile soon enough disappeared. "Then what happened?"

"I refused his "help" and he asked if I was with anyone. He also asked if I had a girlfriend. And I only told him what he wanted to hear, and I didn't use your real name I had to use one of our classmates names." Aika glanced up at him. "Really? Who's name did you use?" He looked at her face to face. "Yaoyorozu's." Aika quietly sighed and smiled. "Thank you. And I'm sorry you had to lie to protect me. None of this should be your problem."

"It's alright. And I had no problem lying to the likes of him, because your safety is my problem." Aika smiled and sat up as she slipped her arms around his neck. And Tokoyami put his hands around her back and waist. Aika put her head against his and now Tokoyami was turning red. His hold on her tightened a little. "Your eyes." "What about my eyes?" He moved his hand and caressed her cheek, the warmth from her face sent a tingle to his finger tips. "I lose myself in them, because they tell me more than any words could ever say about your beauty."

'Oh. My. Freakin. God! Seriously, I feel like he's going to melt my heart at any moment. And I just might let him.'

"Have you two kissed yet?" They both look to the left to see Dark Shadow and Echo-Shade watching them with such joy like a couple of little kids. "Have you two been watching us this whole time?!"