Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?

Setting: Under the tree

Aika: ... 'This can't be real. Not these feelings, not this kiss or the other before. If this is real then..what's it mean for us? What does this make us?'

N: Aika opened her eyes then she noticed the petals falling, then she looked at Tokoyami and she closed her eyes again.

Aika: 'If what I'm feeling is real then I should just enjoy it, right? It's a little strange to me though, what if it's not what I hope for. Or, what if it is?'

N: Tokoyami pulled away and Aika just looked into his eyes as she began to blush. But Tokoyami just let go of her hands and sat up and pulled Aika up in front of him, she looked down for a second then looked back at him. Only, Tokoyami was looking away.

Aika: "You alright?"

Tokoyami: ...

Aika: "Tokoyami?"

Tokoyami: "I'm fine, really. It's just..well."

Aika: 'Oh god, I knew it. This was a mistake. What was I thinking!?'

Tokoyami: "I..you..mmm."

Aika: 'This is like pulling off a bandage slowly. The longer it takes the more it's gonna hurt.'

Tokoyami: "What I'm trying to tell you is..it's very difficult to say."

Aika: 'It's better to end the pain fast. Like pulling off the bandage quickly. It'll sting yeah, but it's better than going through a pain that's going to last longer by your own hand.'

Tokoyami: "But I should just say it."

Aika: 'Here it comes, just end it quickly. Say it, say "it meant nothing to you." Just end it.'

N: Aika and Tokoyami both inhaled quietly to themselves then looked at each other and spoke at the same time.

Tokoyami: "You were my first kiss."

Aika: "I'm sorry, I was wrong."

N: They both turned red and they were both shocked.

Tokoyami: "I'm sorry?"

Aika: "What?"

Tokoyami: "You were my first kiss."

Aika: "Oh. Oh, oh! I was your first kiss."

Tokoyami: "Yes."

Aika: "Huh. Alright, alright." 'Oh thank goodness!'

Tokoyami: "You're upset?"

Aika: "Oh my gosh, no! No, no, not at all. I'm just trying to process what happened. And what was said, but I got it."

N: Tokoyami turned more red and put his hand over his eyes and groaned. Aika smiled and shook her head. And she put her hand on his leg.

Aika: "Toko." She took his hand away from his face and held it with both of hers. "I'm honored and thankful that I was your first kiss."

N: Tokoyami was shocked and he turned more red, but he just closed his eyes then gave her a smile. Then he put his hand over hers.

Tokoyami: "Thank you Amari. I'm very happy I shared this moment with you."

Aika: "So am I."

N: Tokoyami and Aika both put their heads together and closed their eyes. Tokoyami then began nudging her head with his beak, Aika smiled and blushed.

Aika: "You know, I kinda like it when you do that. It's really..soothing."