Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder

Tokoyami: "Will you be my darling?~"

N: Aika's eyes shot open as she gasped. Her face and ears turned more red. Tokoyami pulled away and looked her in the eyes and he was also red.

Tokoyami: "I-I take it back. I'm sorry, I'm not sure why I even said that." He said covering his eyes with his hand.

Aika: 'His darling? He wishes to call me by a term of endearment?'

Tokoyami: 'I am such a fool! To just let my words slip out and betray me like that! I have certainly dug my own grave now.'

N: Aika squeezed the hem of her jacket and blushed as she looked at her feet.

Aika: "I-I like it."

Tokoyami: "Huh?"

Aika: "I...I don't mind you calling me that. I-If that makes you feel okay."

N: He blushed at her response and took her hand and kissed her palm. Aika caressed his cheek after he leaned his head against her's.

Tokoyami: "It does."

N: She smiled and closed her eyes as she pressed her head against his. They stayed that way for a moment till Tokoyami looked at her and rubbed his beak against her head.

Aika: "Heheh."

N: He suddenly cupped her face and kissed her sweetly. Aika held onto his arms, then there was a knock on the door and Tokoyami groaned a bit, and Aika giggled at him. Then there was another knock.

Aizawa: "Amari?"

Aika: "It's Mr. Aizawa!" She whispered.

N: They both fixed their uniforms, buttoning up their clothes and Aika picked up the book on the floor and put it on her desk. Aika realized that Tokoyami being in her room with the door closed would cause a problem with Mr. Aizawa.

Aika: "You have to hide. Now. Umm...the balcony!"

Tokoyami: "Right."

Aizawa: "Amari are you in there? I need to talk to you, it's important."

N: She closed the door behind Tokoyami and closed the curtains. She put some of her hair over her shoulders to cover as much of her neck as it could. She sighed and opened the door.

Aika: "Mr. Aizawa, something I can do for you sir?"

Aizawa: "I'm just checking to see how you're doing after today's training session."

Aika: "I'm..doing fine now sir. I just want to be alone right now. And I apologize for what happened today, it was just a bad day for me that's all. I won't let anything like this happen again."

Aizawa: "Alright then, I just had to make sure. I know you're still adjusting to everything but you can always talk to me or your classmates if you have any issues."

Aika: "I know, thank you sir I appreciate it. But I feel I should let you know I'm going to go for a walk tonight. Just to clear my head."

Aizawa: "Hm. Alright but be back before curfew."

Aika: "I know, thank you sir."

N: After she shut the door she sighed and rubbed her forehead. Her whole body stiffened as she remembered about Tokoyami. She ran to the balcony door and looked outside to see him missing.

Aika: "Wha-? Where did you-?"

Dark Shadow: "That was close!"

Aika: "AH! Geez! What the hell?" She asked leaning over the balcony.