001. think outside of the box

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter One
Think outside of the box.

 ❜

THE SUN REACHED its highest point on that cloudless day

THE SUN REACHED its highest point on that cloudless day. Taking a breather, Aera clutched her knees and exhaled heavily before continuing to push herself; she needed make it to the other side of the road again. Tourists scrambled around her, all chattering in their native languages, it all amazed her, a grin stretched out on her lips.

Red.

The little man within the traffic light glowed a furious shade of red, it blindingly glimmered in her peripheral vision. Shaking her wrist, she glanced towards her watch. The hands ticked, ready for her to read- 1:55PM. Sighing, Aera smoothed out the front of her beige sweater, preparing herself for another day at the NYU. The flag waved welcomingly at her in the distance, at that her cheeks warmed. It was her very last year and her heart swelled at the thought of what was to come next, she worked so hard for so many years, she was hoping for a lively and buoyant future.

Amber.

The traffic light morphed it's colours from an alarming shade of red to orange, stretching out her legs, her eyes fluttered shut as she took in the afternoon air, oxygen spread through her lungs, and in a flurry, she exhaled. The bright sun-rays shone a spotlight on her, causing her raven hair to appear more silky, her skin dewy.

Green.

The lights turned green. Still, she stayed standing on the pavement as she watched the remaining cars whizz by at the green light.

Ring, ring, ring. Rummaging through her rucksack in a hurry; Aera delved through a sea of empty gum wrappers and scrunched up notes. Finally locating the noise, she unplugged the portable charger wire from her phone and slid her finger across the screen.

"Who's this? Sort of busy right now, please call later," her english drifted out of her mouth, with an elevated chin, a dimpled grin began to spread across her face. Even though she was more fluent in english, Aera swore she'd never loose her ability to speak Korean, she would never forgive herself if she did, how else would she speak to her family? That's why Aera willingly chose to study it, alongside her other degrees.