015. life is like a garden

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Fifteen
Burning bridges.

 ❜

DEATH FLOATED AROUND them, but so did Life

DEATH FLOATED AROUND them, but so did Life. They're constantly competing against each other, and the game Tug-of-War only tested the friendship between Life and Death. No one ever really knows the true beauty behind this, until they've really experienced it.

Hwang Aera never really knew the true meaning of Life.

She only knew that it was best spent with the people she felt at peace with. When her mind connected wholeheartedly with another, with someone who could accept her flaws. With people that make you laugh so hard that it becomes arduous to breathe. With people that are there for you even at your worst.

Life is like a garden. The flowers that get the most sunlight have lived life wholly. The flowers that wilt before they can see the sun are likely to be the ones that haven't lived to the fullest. When Aera was within that elevator, she felt like those wilted flowers. She wished her brother never went missing so she could fulfil her dreams of traveling the world.

But being beside Sae-byeok and her new found friends, ones that understood her in a different way from the people she knew in New York, Aera felt like a flower that was edging nearer towards the sun. She felt somewhat happy, even if there was a chance that she could die in the Tug-of-War game.

Ji-yeong nudged Aera with an arm, "do you think I could model in your photos when you become a photographer?" Striking an awkward pose, in hopes that it would make a smile spring across Aera's face. When a light chuckle glided out of Aera's lips, Ji-yeong almost smiled triumphantly, but instead she hid it with a shocked face, "why are you laughing, I'd be a cool model!"

"Don't be ridiculous, she wants me to," joining in with Ji-yeong, Sae-byeok playfully shoved Ji-yeong aside with an eye roll.

"Aera tell them that's not true," raising her eyebrows with her bottom lip sticking out, pleading, Ji-yeong brought her hands together and shook them.