027. time truly heals it all

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twenty-seven
Time truly heals it all.

 ❜

SCINTILLATING RAYS OF sunlight glimmered freely onto Aera's cool cheeks, blooms of soft pink painted upon them as she flicked her head to the side, her cocoa pupils expanded at the sight of Sae-byeok munching clumsily on a Choco Pie

SCINTILLATING RAYS OF sunlight glimmered freely onto Aera's cool cheeks, blooms of soft pink painted upon them as she flicked her head to the side, her cocoa pupils expanded at the sight of Sae-byeok munching clumsily on a Choco Pie. The light snack sat between the raven haired girl's slender fingers, crumbs of the chocolatey good covered the corners of her cherry coloured mouth. Drawing her sweet lips into a broadened smile, Sae-byeok chuckled cheekily when she caught Aera staring at her.

They shared a large sun bed, the comfy fabric was just large enough to fit both of the tall girls. It waved to and fro, lightly, against the quiet Jeju breeze. There was a towering umbrella that only covered their angelical faces, Aera demanded that they soak the rest of their skin under the sun, so that they could earn the full Jeju Island experience.

By their feet, was a picnic mat adorned with the finest of snacks: Pocky, more Choco Pie, Pepero biscuits . . . There were also glasses of Mojitos and lemonade too, to wash down the sugary snacks. Perched on the stripy yellow and green picnic mat, was a content man with salt washed, curly hair. Within his arms was a young infant that had a similar soft grin to his father, and a gentle chuckle like his mother. There was a content glow upon Ali Abdul's flushed cheeks, as he cooed at his son whilst trying out a bowl of kimchi- though, soon after that bowl he went for seconds, then a third, then a fourth . . .

Handing over a glass full of sweet tea, with tapioca pearls, for Aera, was a lean man with a unique, contagious and joyful smile. His structure was more confident and relaxed as his skin tanned under the Jeju sunlight. Attached to his strong hips was a pair of arms that belonged to his gleeful daughter, Ga-yeong, she embraced him strongly as she begged her father to play in the sand with her. Seong gi-hun let a cheery chuckle fall out of his lips, telling her to wait a moment as he wanted to see Aera's reaction to drinking the freshly made boba tea.

The icy glass benumbed Aera's fingers for a moment, swishing the metal straw within the sweet beverage, she placed her bubblegum pink lips on the straw and took a sip- her insides felt sunny as she drank the bubble tea, a blissful smile illustrated itself on to her lips as she tried to savour every sip. Seong Gi-hun clapped his hands together with an overjoyed chuckle, he even shimmied on his feet cheerfully.