009. we're already in hell

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Nine
We're already in hell.

 ❜

A SHRILL CRY pierced the tension that strung hightly in the air that night

A SHRILL CRY pierced the tension that strung hightly in the air that night. Cowering behind a bed frame silently, Aera's worried eyes scanned the room as she tried to locate the disturbance in the room.

Then a silence followed.

A Muffled scream. Glass shattered—

Freezing, her soul almost left her body, her skin burning cold, "oh my God." Stumbling backwards, Aera almost retched at the sight. Metallic blood splurged all over the limp player's bedding. Still hidden behind a bed frame, she clamped a hand over her lips as she used her widened eyes to find the culprit-

The insane brute, with bloodied hands, was Deok-su.

Placing her hand behind her, stunned, the ground began to shake as beds tumbled over. "What the fu- Oh my God, oh God, oh God," murmuring under her breath, she felt winded at the chorus of pained wails that began to resound around the room.

The lights above flickered in a minacious manner. Everything reminded her of a haunted house cart ride at a carnival. Aera always felt queasy after riding one of those spooky rides, the realistic figures never settled within the pit of her stomach easily.

But this was real.

Just like the cruel Dalgona game.

Never taking her eyes off of the wicked beast that swayed savagely over towards a specific person. Her ears began to ring irritably. Pressing her wrists against her ears, she tried to protect her head, with her hands, from the falling bed frames.

Numerous players clambered over towards her ankles, tugging at them, begging for assistance, "help me- HELP-" Their pleading only increased as they were being dragged away by their predator, as the murderers took their life away as if they were their prey.

Shivering from the overwhelming amount of fright, Aera forced her feet to move, because if she didn't she'd meddle with another fight or she'd even faint for she felt lightheaded from it all. It was increasingly difficult to focus her vision on one specific thing, because once the lights flicker again, it either moved or disappeared.